What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero cost, mobile, durable, can hold heavy weight, don't need maintenance. If someone is crazy to steal it easily can find another.. At the end community can say you are nature friendly ( if you find it thrown away in bushes as I usually).
I think hardly something can compete with this :)

... and you can use it to keep or carry stuff in ...

Nice one, Goran. :)

LJ

Becoming a rare animal around here, as most milk is packed in various sized plastic containers ,rendering the humble milk crate redundant !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Over here beer crates are common and very usefull.
When you want to drink a beer, just throw away a hive, turn the crate up and fill with empty beer bottles and head to the shop :D

Discovered the world of spoon carving a bit rough around the edges but not bad for a first attempt.

What next ,a grafting tool maybe ?

Winter is finally here. Bees are packed away and it's time for winter shop work. Just bought in 2000 bd. ft. of 1x12 pine, industrial grade. Will be making 4-500 extra nuc supers to begin with, with other woodenware later this winter.

A photo of my wood shop and supers....still lacking hand holds.

IMG_0254_zps55e2a6fb.jpg

Way to clean and tidy. May be a different story in a months time ;) the smell will be gorgeous with all that pine to play with and finally love the snow shoes and you probably need them.

testing a 3D printer, and printed, some objects, a queen cage, queen marker trap, and a feeder (glass jar type!)

no mess, don't need go out to the shed or workshop, stay in the warm at my computer and just print!

Now that's neat !

planed some salvaged pine floor boards and i missed a broken nail and damaged a set of 40quid blades.

planed some salvaged pine floor boards and i missed a broken nail and damaged a set of 40quid blades.

Best to use a metal detector if planing up a lot of reclaimed timber, or even new timber, amazing what metal can be found in tree trunks when they are being milled, helps to save money on planer knives.

Steel jacketed bullets can be a nuisance.

I only check for magnetic metals as most others will likely be sawn, planed or spindle moulded without any trouble. Staples (originally securing labels) can be a short route to planer blade trouble. The better/thoughtful suppliers only staple at the end grain, if at all. One should always cross cut the end grain of a plank to get rid of any embedded gravel or grit, as well.

Best to use a metal detector if planing up a lot of reclaimed timber, or even new timber, amazing what metal can be found in tree trunks when they are being milled, helps to save money on planer knives.

Steel jacketed bullets can be a nuisance.

I only check for magnetic metals as most others will likely be sawn, planed or spindle moulded without any trouble. Staples (originally securing labels) can be a short route to planer blade trouble. The better/thoughtful suppliers only staple at the end grain, if at all. One should always cross cut the end grain of a plank to get rid of any embedded gravel or grit, as well.

Money and time saving practical tips.
Good work :)

Back