What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.

Dont suppose you have a contact for 450mm x 10mm facia board do you?

upvc for varroa trays. might try something else like correx

Made three crown boards, two feeder ekes and a stand, sanding and coating tomorrow.

Made three cover boards, painted a load of wood ready for constructing new floors and then made two ekes ready for nadiring onto Paynes poly floors, (thanks for the thread on this subject). They would have been better if the jet lag hadn't kicked in as I made them slightly more rectangular than square. But they still do the job and I celebrated by making the last one the correct size!!

Husband finished the last of three Recticel hive jackets.
Well.....I started them and he said, "give that to me!" so I did.

made two ekes ready for nadiring onto Paynes poly floors

I've given up on that and use a wooden super. No adjustment needed and no extra comb in the spring.

Picked up a 12 pack of 450x1200mm kingspan boards for £20, I might make a few nucs and give them a try next year

How easy would it be to cut 0.8mm galvanised sheet?

Do you have to seal the edges if the bees can't access the boards?

How easy would it be to cut 0.8mm galvanised sheet?

Not that difficult with a decent set of shears .. if you want a straight line be sure to get the straight cut ones, there 's also left hand and right hand ones ...

These will get you started ....

http://www.screwfix.com/p/aviation-...rch-_-SearchRec-_-Area2&_requestid=252231#_=p

A snip at £7.99 ... won't last a lifetime but if it's just DIY they work.

Now ... cutting the sheet without bending it is the art in it ...

Latest posts

Back