What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bees have been hunkered down for two weeks now...blowing a hooly today.... Picked up foundation from Association meet last night....good talk on vaping ...its yet to get widely used here it seems

Bees have been hunkered down for two weeks now...blowing a hooly today.... Picked up foundation from Association meet last night....good talk on vaping ...its yet to get widely used here it seems

That's madness really, from all the positives i see and read from gassing its a no brainier.

I'm waiting for one of the Yorkshire keeps to find out how to make a vapourizer from a 12v tea maker that plugs into a car cigarette lighter.

It is not a slur. A well known fact that they have deep pockets and short arms. They have deep pockets because they save lots of dosh in them. So, I would have thought that they would be sharp on the uptake regarding the mose cost efficient delivery items?

But maybe they, like so many others, have lost those practical skills necessary to 'do it themselves'?

Piece of scrap busbar, a glow plug and a length of screwed rod plus a bit of machining can work wonders

Attachments

• IMG_00000222.jpg
    IMG_00000222.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Can anyone think of any substantial negatives? Is there a danger of overdoing it, adding say 6g OA to a colony in Sept and again in Jan?

6g is more than double the recommended dose (2-3gm) per treatment
In September there may be brood present, so 3 treatments at 5 day intervals. = 6g . It only kills phoretic mites.

Is there a danger of overdoing it, adding say 6g OA to a colony in Sept and again in Jan?

Only if you confuse one of those tiny little plastic spoons with a teaspoon. Doesn't take much time or expense to work out a sound measurement system. Surely noone on here is daft enough to get confused over that much quantity?

well, saying that......................................... :D

It is not a slur. A well known fact that they have deep pockets and short arms. They have deep pockets because they save lots of dosh in them. So, I would have thought that they would be sharp on the uptake regarding the mose cost efficient delivery items?

But maybe they, like so many others, have lost those practical skills necessary to 'do it themselves'?

I RESEMBLE that NOT A slur on Yorkshiremen ! (Born and bred in the West Riding - truly God's own county !)

2300 writings and still learning every day?

It's funny; I seem to draw the attention of the big bears on here quite a lot. I don't mind; it's like Oscar Wilde; the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, but it's funny. So, yes, I am still learning. Have learnt a lot from this forum, that's for dam sure, including insulation and vaping. And from you Finny, including some super insults...

Back