What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Wise man learns more from his enemy than the fool from his friends I take to many bee keepers and try to take everything on board what they say as a small or large twist to a way you do somthing can change things for the better no matter who said it now I did nothing today in the Apiarys

Had a walk up the garden to check the hives, no activity one hive still heavy on stores and one light, fondant put onto the light one, my out apiary is coming on fence up, hardcore put down, paving slabs down and stands made, just need to get some bees on there now.

When I first started beekeeping I learnt a lot of crap from old beekeepers with their two feet stuck in the mud and still they preach the word of nonsense beekeeping. I take every thing with a pinch of salt and research before believing what is true.

Nothing but I am like a kid at Xmas today �� my delivery arrived from Thornes

Attachments

• WP_20160204_007.jpg
    WP_20160204_007.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 29
When I first started beekeeping I learnt a lot of crap from old beekeepers with their two feet stuck in the mud and still they preach the word of nonsense beekeeping. I take every thing with a pinch of salt and research before believing what is true.

At beginning of my beekeeping I accidentally met my mentor ( someone would say destiny or it is had to happen that way), I looked of his results in beekeeping and how is functioning his beekeeping operation.. I wished until I become completelly independent and aware of reasons for every thing I do, to make all his mistakes and don't invent new ones.. Mostly I succeeded, didn't regret a bit..
Not least important, that my mentor still attend lectures, learn all the time.. I am trying to follow this also.
Not to mention that we are still good friends.

Not least important, that my mentor still attend lectures, learn all the time.. I am trying to follow this also.

I like the sound of your mentor. Some people say "do as I say, not as I do", but, he is leading by example. What more could you ask than for someone who is always asking "Why?"

Watched all 3 of my hives and happy to see all the girls out and about in the 13°c and coming home with baskets of yellow pollen.

Watched all 3 of my hives and happy to see all the girls out and about in the 13°c and coming home with baskets of yellow pollen.
I must have a big dirty cloud following me about, because just about everywhere i go within a 300 mile radius the weather is crap, it's rather sunny and baltic or raining and mild.:confused:

Nothing, but watched some Mexican honeybees flying around the beach instead.....

At beginning of my beekeeping I accidentally met my mentor ( someone would say destiny or it is had to happen that way), I looked of his results in beekeeping and how is functioning his beekeeping operation.. I wished until I become completelly independent and aware of reasons for every thing I do, to make all his mistakes and don't invent new ones.. Mostly I succeeded, didn't regret a bit..
Not to mention that we are still good friends.

Lucky man.
I have met some professor beekeepers and I'am still scratching my head with some of the statements they make, and I have met some new beekeepers who think on their feet and I instantly know they will be successful, and there are those that need some encouragement.
Some proclaim they know it all but only a fool would believe them.

I must have a big dirty cloud following me about, because just about everywhere i go within a 300 mile radius the weather is crap, it's rather sunny and baltic or raining and mild.:confused:

If you want to get ridd of cow smell, go to the swinery.

If you want to get ridd of cow smell, go to the piggery.

Latest posts

Back