What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just checked the fondant on one of my colonies, they are slowly munching through it, will need more on by the weekend

Just got back, Fondant ok, the sun came out, and then the girls. One hive very busy (new queen july last year) other two, not so busy, but they are out and about too. :)

Yes, wierd weather. yesterday - 3 or -5 Today sun shining and about +12.

Both hives out flying today. I had forgotten just how much I enjoy just sitting and watching the goings on. One hive busy bringing out it's dead. I actually saw one bee fly off with a corpse rather than dump it on the front step. I checked the fondant on the one hive that I thought was getting light and they have taken some but there is loads left. So far so good and I am delighted as a newbie that both colonies are still alive!

Overcast and minus 2C today so nothing was stirring. I took the opportunity to strim and rake up round the hives - no bee suit today but a job that requires full kit in summer. They do NOT like the strimmer:ack2:

nailing frames togever today saw hands from the brad driver lol my girls have stayed in today

both hives flying and looked to be a good number of bee's using both hives so pleased at this stage. found discarded bottle of whisky in fenced area so either my bees are fond of a drink or someone is being a little bit too nosey.

+9C today with bees flying and water coming in.

Weighed 2 garden hives, 38.6kg and 39.4kg.

Made 12 super frames.

I sat and watched the bees coming and gioing for thefirst time in ages yesterday:chillpill::D

Again the National was the busiest, there was so much water going in it looked like there was a good flow on. The grass was prppered with forragers for about 20meters. Also bees checking out the Blackthorn bushes. They must be looking forward to spring time too:toetap05:

The TBH was much quieter with only a few bees flying and some undertaker duties.

Weather is set to be crappy today so I may get some wood to start making some supers, brood boxes and maybe a few nucs.

Well i have just finished building twenty super's ready for this coming season just have to build twenty more brood boxes . shattered.:nature-smiley-011:

Are yours flying tony?
Didn't check my fondant today but there out and about.
Really please :)

not flying today, too bloody cold here on the coast!

build a nuc hive whatching the bees out and about

Just walked around. 10 colonies were flying to a greater or lesser extent. The very quiet one had recent uncappings below the OMF. Not touched a hive. It's still winter!

Regards, RAB

sat with a cuppa in the garden watching the bees flying from all 3 colonies!

Spent yesterday afternoon cleaning up hive bodies, roofs and floors. Why do I always wait until the winter rather than do them when its warmer in the autumn?

Latest posts

Back