What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sun has got its hat on here today, might pop down the alottment and see if the girls are out exercising.

I did a stock take of what woodenware I have and what I need.

And you always need more than you have..

or should I say "One always needs more than one has".

Nothing the same as I have done the last week. And intend doing for the week to come.

PH

Managed to lefthandedly put a refurbed WBC lift back together with the aid of weights, clamps, vice, glue, screws and a few choice profanities; a major achievement, I may attempt making up some frames on Monday with the aid of a pin-push.

Thanks for the best wishes for my recovery, only another 4 wks 3 days and I can get my right arm out of this sling, sigh.

stayed away from apiary, might make some more floors though this week in the garage

Temperature range from 0 to +10C over the past week, the bees were out and about whenever the sun was on the hives so they are all still alive. Persisting down today so it will be a workshop day putting the final touches to a 14 x 12 six frame nucleus hive.

swept up some dead bee's (around 30 or 40 ) and watched several venture out of the hive, a nice reasuring hum comming from inside!

moved some hives today as there are major roadworks only 15ft from the hives for the 18 months, so decided to move now rather when a problems occuring in the summer and then have to watch the 3 mile rule.

I dont have an apiary yet but i am starting my preliminary beekeeping course next tuesday and today I was fixing up the bottom bars of the super frames from the second hand hive I bought. And also helped make a 5 frame nuc box.

Steve

I did more this week than beedogs, I'm pleased to say!

Having just done a new beginner's beekeepers course again (for the sake of meeting and making friends with the local association in the new area I've moved to, plus beginning to prep for my Basic Beekeepers Exam, plus refreshing my ancient memory), I got all fired up and went out to visit the bees today.

Now calm down everyone, of course I didn't open the lid up and fiddle about in there! I just moved the hive an inch or two back from the vertical hedge they are facing (expert opinion on the course was that I might've put them too close to the vertical hedge = ie within 3 feet). Then I popped in a varroa board.

Now I'm off to make some new frames (sans foundation just yet) for the new 14 x 12 box they'll be going in this season.

Roll on, spring, it can't come soon enough for me!

:drool5:

checked on the fondant supply on one of my colonies, they've found it !

Having just done a new beginner's beekeepers course again (for the sake of meeting and making friends with the local association in the new area I've moved to, plus beginning to prep for my Basic Beekeepers Exam, plus refreshing my ancient memory),
:drool5:

interested to know if it was a better course than the last one because your old association has stop doing their beginners course, which means more pressure on our course for places

my two dadants are apparently sat amongst knee deep snow at present!!!!

having weekend away from the missus for once to attend varroa conference and do some sorting of long needed stuff.

Looked at the empty space my hive/s will be in spring. Found somewhere selling a Langstroth complete with bees for £300.

This week I will mostly be building frames. :biggrinjester:

Yawn.

Next week and next week and next week.

Aaaaarrrrggghh.

Latest posts

Back