What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a little think Mr Magoo before spouting ****.

Monsanto:
"This product will control or suppress annual and perennialweeds and ground covers growing between the rows of labeled tree and vine crops.If weeds are under drought stress, irrigate prior to application. Reduced control may result if weeds have been mowed prior to application".

Probably best think about it yourself ..

And it is VERY harmful to lots of insect life including bees ... Unfortunately Monsanto deny this ...

Checked the five virgin colonies and two have been mated and laying for around five days judging by the size of the larvae..I also marked a 2018 Queen again as the original white dot was wearing away and stuck a super on.
It is a glorious day and the productive colonies are piling the phacelia nectar in.

It's absolutely glorious here too. Hard to believe we have to build an Ark today for the storm that is supposed to arrive on wednesday.
I noticed the mark on my 2018 queen is wearing off so I will be doing it again.

It's absolutely glorious here too. Hard to believe we have to build an Ark today for the storm that is supposed to arrive on wednesday.
I noticed the mark on my 2018 queen is wearing off so I will be doing it again.

Been pouring it down all day here in south east Lincolnshire... looks like the same for next few days

Checked the five virgin colonies and two have been mated and laying for around five days judging by the size of the larvae..I also marked a 2018 Queen again as the original white dot was wearing away and stuck a super on.

It is a glorious day and the productive colonies are piling the phacelia nectar in.

My 2016 queen who is marked white doesn’t like it either, or her workers don’t. I have marked her 3 times now and she needs doing again and had no issues with any other queens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With being stuck inside all day yesterday and this evening my warming cabinet should be operational by tonight.....

Monsanto:
"This product will control or suppress annual and perennialweeds and ground covers growing between the rows of labeled tree and vine crops.If weeds are under drought stress, irrigate prior to application. Reduced control may result if weeds have been mowed prior to application".

Probably best think about it yourself ..

And it is VERY harmful to lots of insect life including bees ... Unfortunately Monsanto deny this ...

I think you'll find the pesticides forum is closed. But you might want to check who owns Monsanto these days.

This highlights one of the reasons the UK is thinking about banning home and garden pesticides. People only read the label if the product doesn't work, even though it's a legal requirement to read it before use.

I think you'll find the pesticides forum is closed. But you might want to check who owns Monsanto these days.

This highlights one of the reasons the UK is thinking about banning home and garden pesticides. People only read the label if the product doesn't work, even though it's a legal requirement to read it before use.
I have some bendiocarb here..it is mustard on wasp nests.

Bayer - Monsanto - whatever.

NOTHING ...Was due a visit from the bee inspector today but had to cancel as i'm not prepared to open them up in temps of 10c,heavy rain and driving North easterlies .The bees have been pretty much hive bound for the last 3 days and probably the next 2 looking at the forcast! Glad I decided not to take the spring crop now as I reckon i'd be feeding them now if I had.

On the plus side IF the weather does improve the main flow plants should be in great shape to yield a strong flow.

Woke up between night shifts to find it wasn’t raining. Little window of opportunity seized.

All 5 colonies checked. One newly laying queen, very small patch of larvae but guess weather probably has her stalling. Nothing capped so fingers crossed. Test frame added to other hive which is almost certainly Q-.

No swarm peeps found for the first inspection in weeks! Couple of double brood hives are bursting and waiting for a flow.

Bees were very aggressive in final two hives but I needed the test frame etc. so I’ll be over looking their behaviour.

Brambles ready to go once the weather turns.

Lime started few days ago. Bramble and tree of heaven couple days before. But.. scale is in positive zero.. Temps are going over 34C.. in shade.. All the nectar evaporate easily.. Honeydew.. so far seems zilch.. The bearding.. well it looks more as yeti than beard ( all front cover and down to the ground).. Not very pleasant to be in suit on such temp.. But on the other side.. I lost 5kg in short time.. even I dinner late and abundant in the evening ( from 9-11pm depends how late I come in the house).. beekeeping is such blessing..

Dodging rain showers mostly. What's up with this weather?

24/45 daughters of NL-55-35-33-2018 emerged in the incubator overnight and a batch of 45 daughters of DE-6-1-1672-2018 should be sealed and ready to go into the incubator today.

Made up a load more super frames in anticipation of summer flows... somewhat ironically while the rain beat on the windows. Again.

Latest posts

Back