What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are far from the ocean so autumn is a calm period here without storms. But our winter is significantly colder than in Britain.

Is it came from the US? Where are indians in Britain?
India in Asia a warm and humid country ;) that is why the silly weather people call our warm weather this time of the year a Indian Summer..

Today I read in our national beekeeping magazine the results of research which was conducted this year ( I also gave samples of bees). So far the morphometric parameters ( genome will be next year, samples frozen). According to that, there are no influences of uncontrolled imports of other bees ( buckfast, ligustica..). There were no signs of hybridization. Interesting is in types there is difference between ( my) Panonian and on the other side highland and mediterranean type of Carnica. It will be interesting to see results on genome analysis. I think there will be some bigger differences.
What is your local native race of bees (if it exists)?

It is from America.

"Origin

Late 18th century: with reference to North American Indians, rather than to the country of India, and first used in connection with the northern US and Canada. The expression may echo the use of Indian in compounds such as Indian corn, where it denotes a different, American form of something familiar, or it could have arisen from the fact that the region in which the phenomenon was noticed was still primarily occupied by indigenous people."

OED

We are far from the ocean so autumn is a calm period here without storms. But our winter is significantly colder than in Britain.

Is it came from the US? Where are indians in Britain?

Scalping cowboys !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Most of the ivy round me is past its best, there’s still some out but hives have packed on some serious weight the last couple of weeks

The colony with a few drones in it is throwing them out today.

Added the second apiguard and checked stores.

Started sorting the empty supers for the next season while the weather is still warm and it's still nice to be in the barn.

Back