Veg Availability (split from Podilia's thread)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s none here if you go to the market! Supermarkets paying peanuts aren’t getting the supply😂

Therese Coffey says you should eat turnips instead. I'm really not sure if they'll work in a salad though. Or a cheese and tomato sandwich, come to that.

James

Therese Coffey says you should eat turnips instead. I'm really not sure if they'll work in a salad
she doesn't look like the sort of person who knows what a salad is - unless it's deep fried in lard

I think she said Swede - slightly larger and sweeter
There's plenty of carrots as well... I'd happily live off carrot and swede mash with a Yorkshire pudding and some roasties and a drop of bisto... who needs cucumber and salad leaves from halfway across the world at this time of year ?... They should bring back rationing .... oh wait a minute . Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons and Asda have !

who needs cucumber and salad leaves from halfway across the world at this time of year ?

I don't. I ate salad with my dinner this evening that had travelled all of fifty metres :)

veg-plot-2023-004-rotated.jpg

James

Therese Coffey says you should eat turnips instead. I'm really not sure if they'll work in a salad though. Or a cheese and tomato sandwich, come to that.

James
I'm not sure Therese Coffey is qualified to discuss the relative merits of salad vegetables. ;)

she doesn't look like the sort of person who knows what a salad is - unless it's deep fried in lard
I hope that you are saying that Ms Coffey is enormous and not fat or you will be treated like the literary giant (enormous person) Roald Dahl and have your words changed/removed/censored or subjected to wokery.

I hope that you are saying that Ms Coffey is enormous and not fat or you will be treated like the literary giant (enormous person) Roald Dahl and have your words changed/removed/censored or subjected to wokery.
:icon_204-2:
:nono: Not by me

I'm not sure Therese Coffey is qualified to discuss the relative merits of salad vegetables. ;)
Is she any relation to Marie Antoinette ? It is said that Marie Antoinette went to the guillotine willingly after a spell in prison. This woman has done nothing to endear her to people.

Dont belielve all the crap coming from the media they always try to panic people into buying more just to cause a shortage .This time of year there is always a problem with veg its out of season so has to be imported.I spoke to my cousin in Ukraine yesterday she said things had gone up in price and there seems to be a shortage of onions but they get on with life not like us a bunch of moaners.I think we need to grow up.

Dont belielve all the crap coming from the media they always try to panic people into buying more just to cause a shortage .This time of year there is always a problem with veg its out of season so has to be imported.I spoke to my cousin in Ukraine yesterday she said things had gone up in price and there seems to be a shortage of onions but they get on with life not like us a bunch of moaners.I think we need to grow up.
Best rush out and buy some turnips then ? Thinly sliced and deep fried they turn into crisps.... turnip flavour of course so you can't tell the difference !

James
I had turnips with my haggis early February.
Bought a stock of haggis to cater for one a month - very popular with our family.
Turnip boiled until soft (in small sections), mashed with butter and served with salt and pepper is very good with haggis - but I do prefer baked beans.

No way I would eat turnip without haggis.
Grown as sheep feed in Scotland..

Back