Ukraine - Podilia

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This forum was originally set up in competition to the BBKA forum because it was so heavily moderated that some topics could not even see the light of day let alone get discussed ... and the owner here, at the time, obviously did not want to promote traffic in that direction - indeed, the converse was even more evident ! This forum thrived and grew, the BBKA forum ... well, go and look for yourself - it's easy enough to find on the internet !

Whatever the dismal history is, it just looks petty now, like a child still sulking years after an insult, while everyone else has moved on.

Whatever the dismal history is, it just looks petty now, like a child still sulking years after an insult, while everyone else has moved on.

Or, topically: a reminder of this forum's heritage as an independent entity, free from overbearing censorship. A reminder of what we wish to avoid becoming.

It's funny but as someone who used to use the old BBKA forum I don't remember such a big issue. I had the odd bust up with some members on there but I've done the same thing here too. As I remember, the BBKA forum actually went down hill after its later relaunch.

Or, topically: a reminder of this forum's heritage as an independent entity, free from overbearing censorship. A reminder of what we wish to avoid becoming.

Please please don't compare this situation to Russia and Ukraine. It's not appropriate.

Even if you wanted to, the only censorship now is being done is by this forum (i.e. the blocking of links to a perfectly normal, inoffensive, if rather dull, other beekeeping forum). Which isn't a great look.

Whatever grievances the original owner had, he's long gone, and it just surprises me that the current forum leadership have continued the practice. Ho hum.

Please please don't compare this situation to Russia and Ukraine. It's not appropriate.
Maybe discuss your hypocrisy/xenophobia then
Very Russian/Chinese of it!

The new owners of this forum see the BBKA (and their forum) as competitors, that's why it was decided that they should be barred.

Maybe discuss your hypocrisy/xenophobia then

My reference to the ban on links to the BBKA being "very Russian/Chinese" was a reference to internet censorship, obviously, not Ukraine. China, as far as I am aware, has not invaded Ukraine.

But thanks for your honesty regarding the motivation for the ban - a fear of competition from the BBKA Forum. Fair enough, though a bit cowardly of them. It's a less convoluted explanation than this idea that it's all due to the BBKA being evil thought-police.

Though I wonder if you would be as sanguine if the Times or the BBC banned all links to the Guardian website in their "comments" sections for fear of competition.

No point in arguing about it. The forum has an owner. If you don’t like the rules you do have the option of engaging with them via admin, simply walking away from the post or posting in the BBKA forum.

back to the apimondia subdivision of this thread, has anyone seen any news update on this year's Congress? Their website itself doesn't appear to have been updated so far.

Latest posts

Back