Ukraine - Podilia

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping (or getting back) to the beekeeping theme...

In a statement made by the UK Home Secretary to the House of Commons yesterday. she stated:

"...we will establish a humanitarian sponsorship pathway, which will open up a route to the UK for Ukrainians who may not have family ties with the UK but who are able to match with individuals, charities, businesses, and community groups. "

Most UK beekeeping associations are charities, and could only benefit from the contributions of Ukrainian beekeepers, many of whom are more adept at beekeeping than many of those in the UK.

I have family in Ukraine ,I can remember the time when they were controlled from Moscow it was pretty bad .I understand why they don't want to go back. At the moment the internet is a bit patchy most people are living in fear afraid of what horror Putin will do next.

Nothing from the BBKA yet

Attachments

• APIMONDIA-2022-apel-o-odwolanie-Kongresu-PL-2.pdf
    551.2 KB · Views: 6
Nothing from the BBKA yet

"The Brotherhood of Ukrainian Beekeepers is requesting that Apimondia cancel the 47th International Congress of Apmondia in the Russian Federation this September.

The Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild supports this call. We have no quarrel with Russian beekeepers directly, but given the hostilities currently being carried out by Russia in the Ukraine we cannot support business as usual. We too call on Apimondia President Jeff Pettis to cancel any events that are scheduled to happen in Russia and call on the Russian Beekeepers to appeal to their leadership to put a halt to all hostilities."

https://phillybeekeepers.org/message-from-the-ukrainian-beekeepers/

Not sure why the asterisks are there. Here's the text on that page:

BBKA withdraws from International Meeting of Young Beekeepers

February 25 2022
International Meeting of Young Beekeepers 2022 is planned to be held in Russia.

BBKA's Executive Committee has decided to withdraw from the event this year.

BBKA's president is investigating whether an event can be held in the UK this year to celebrate our own young beekeepers.
-ends-

Or try Googling: 'bbka-withdraws-from-international-meeting-of-young-beekeepers' (other search engines available...)

My infomants tell me that (with all the speed of a sclerotic slug on Sanatogen) the BBKA Exec Cttee are currently turning their mind to Apimondia 2022

Or try Googling: 'bbka-withdraws-from-international-meeting-of-young-beekeepers' (other search engines available...)

My infomants tell me that (with all the speed of a sclerotic slug on Sanatogen) the BBKA Exec Cttee are currently turning their mind to Apimondia 2022
I do know that the SBA have been communicating with Dr.Pettis directly regarding Apimondia. I think the final Apimondia decision will be made by the weekend.

Very Russian/Chinese of it!
This forum was originally set up in competition to the BBKA forum because it was so heavily moderated that some topics could not even see the light of day let alone get discussed ... and the owner here, at the time, obviously did not want to promote traffic in that direction - indeed, the converse was even more evident ! This forum thrived and grew, the BBKA forum ... well, go and look for yourself - it's easy enough to find on the internet !

Latest posts

Back