Ukraine - Podilia

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apiarisnt

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Any news from or of Podilia? I see that he has not posted for a couple of weeks. He is located in Vinnytsia Oblast, which as far as I can see has not been reached by Russian forces yet.

And any news from any other forum members in Ukraine?

Yes. He was last here on the 19th. We can hope he’s safe. This was on FB this morning

Attachments

• 8F00D60D-C152-417D-8D9B-1DF9CD68AFED.jpeg
    8F00D60D-C152-417D-8D9B-1DF9CD68AFED.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 84
  • AB22FF25-E5D4-42A9-8146-419CA9A63950.jpeg
    AB22FF25-E5D4-42A9-8146-419CA9A63950.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 81
  • 39B0874E-17D4-4D72-A2F7-62038132E7F4.jpeg
    39B0874E-17D4-4D72-A2F7-62038132E7F4.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 30E118BB-4159-4C70-BF64-7443F7F78E7C.jpeg
    30E118BB-4159-4C70-BF64-7443F7F78E7C.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 56
This was on FB this morning
A passionate statement.

I wrote just now to Professor Solkak at [email protected] to ask if Apimondia (scheduled to be held in the Russian Federation this September) will be suspended or moved. The only other point of contact is the Russian National Union of Beekeepers.

Knowing virtually nothing of the history of Ukraine I discovered this short history of Ukraine; seems to explain a lot about why Putin is doing what he is.

Not sure it does... It basically says Ukraine has been independent and occupied at various points over the last two millennia and that atrocities were carried out, particularly by the Russians, specifically under Stalin. None of that explains why Putin is doing what he is now.

Apparently the Ukraine is full of Nazis........... :laughing-smiley-014

Not really a laughing matter I know......before anyone complains.

Apparently the Ukraine is full of Nazis........... :laughing-smiley-014

Not really a laughing matter I know......before anyone complains.
On that subject, it was nice to see Dr Edith Eger making her supportive video yesterday.

WTF are they monitoring? They just need to get on with it as there's surely only one possible outcome now.
If they do not cancel it then I suspect that will be the end of Apimondia. Most country associations will probably pull out from the organisation. We can at least lobby to ensure that BBKA / WBKA / SBKA / CONBA does.

I struggle to see that they really have that much choice. No-one can guarantee that it will be safe, nor even possible, to travel to it at that time so there's a risk that attendance could be poor if it does go ahead. And if they wish to host it elsewhere then the new hosts will need sufficient time to get everything organised.

James

Can I just ask a few of you @rolande @Swn58 @Murox to get access to the cupboard under the stairs. In case this ends up there?
Thanks for the suggestion but I'll pass on that, never needed that access before and, I'm pretty sure I've written all I'm going to (in a beekeeping context) on this subject.

Looks like a complaint is already being made.........
No not yet .... so far so good.

I can't think anyone would have anything detrimental or humouous to say about the tragedy getting worse by the hour in Ukraine ... we must all share the same feelings of anger, human concern and abject impotence that there is so little we can do to assist in the face of a Russian onslaught that appears to be largely predicated and precipitated by a lunatic.

Not sure it does... It basically says Ukraine has been independent and occupied at various points over the last two millennia and that atrocities were carried out, particularly by the Russians, specifically under Stalin. None of that explains why Putin is doing what he is now.
I was'nt clear – my use of “why” was referencing the apparent russian desire to erase Ukraine throughout history. Putin studied law under a tutor who was a leading reform politician during perestroika - just my brain rattling into gear.

Latest posts

Back