Legal limits on keeping bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a little below the belt!

I'm not defending the 'guilty'.

There's a world of difference between an act of violence (wilful harm) and selling chicken at different levels of hygeine.

Sorry Karol, that wasnt meant to sound like an attack on you, and I also wasnt intending to "argue". I was actually quite enjoying the debate....lol

It just goes to show how interpretations can differ so easily, and how "little" details can be so important....

That's a little below the belt!

I'm not defending the 'guilty'.

There's a world of difference between an act of violence (wilful harm) and selling chicken at different levels of hygeine.

But that's what different punishments are for.

I thought it said and act of violence with HAM for a minute as we're talking foodstuffs! But in the end - the difference in price between good quality chicken and cr*p is only a few POULTRY pence :biggrinjester:

I'm sorry I started this.

Shall we get back on topic?

Or would you like me to analyse the cases people are citing? £201 an hour and I'm yours.

The simple answer is for the theme park not to install wasp traps of any kind then they can't in any way be responsible for any wasps that stray in any more than a café - wasps fly anywhere they like. Any actual nest on the theme parks premises can be destroyed if they so wish.

Chris

I thought it said and act of violence with HAM for a minute as we're talking foodstuffs! But in the end - the difference in price between good quality chicken and cr*p is only a few POULTRY pence :biggrinjester:

not worthy:icon_204-2:

The simple answer is for the theme park not to install wasp traps of any kind then they can't in any way be responsible for any wasps that stray in any more than a café - wasps fly anywhere they like. Any actual nest on the theme parks premises can be destroyed if they so wish.

Chris

Is that the same as an unhygienic supermarket not putting down cockroach traps and therefore absolving them of responsibility for contaminated dirty chicken?

<snip> and how "little" details can be so important....

You don't have to tell me - tell my wife! :D

No need to apologise. A little bit of energetic debate keeps the arteries flowing!

Regards,

Karol

Is that the same as an unhygienic supermarket not putting down cockroach traps and therefore absolving them of responsibility for contaminated dirty chicken?

Not really the same thing in fact nothing like the same thing. In all my entire life I have hardly been pestered by wasps or hornets despite getting very up close and friendly with them, they just look at you. It's the flappers that get them selves in trouble every time and with everything and it's encouraged by those that profit.

Cool is the rule as it is with bee keeping, a steady calm confident approach to life, oh and lots of patience.

I find this whole "wasp" thing to be blown completely out of proportion both with risks to bees and to people and at least I speak from plenty of experience, it's all pathetic in my not at all humble opinion. Better idea and healthier all round would be to prohibit sugary sticky foods and drinks from public place and theme parks, but of course there's that profit motif again.

Food safety in shops is naf all to do with wasps, that's just plain silly.

Chris

all this talk of wasps and theme parks reminds me of two of Cornwall's top tourist attractions.

Presume must compete with Trago Mills as a favorite day out for the Icanhopit household (or are they just for Emmits - leaving the domain of the Tripehound to natives?).

Not really the same thing in fact nothing like the same thing. In all my entire life I have hardly been pestered by wasps or hornets despite getting very up close and friendly with them, they just look at you. It's the flappers that get them selves in trouble every time and with everything and it's encouraged by those that profit.

Cool is the rule as it is with bee keeping, a steady calm confident approach to life, oh and lots of patience.

I find this whole "wasp" thing to be blown completely out of proportion both with risks to bees and to people and at least I speak from plenty of experience, it's all pathetic in my not at all humble opinion. Better idea and healthier all round would be to prohibit sugary sticky foods and drinks from public place and theme parks, but of course there's that profit motif again.

Food safety in shops is naf all to do with wasps, that's just plain silly.

Chris

Between 200,000 and 400,000 people in the UK seek medical attention for wasps stings each year at primary care level per annum.

As many as 1000 people per annum are hospitalised for a range of conditions spanning from anaphylaxis to severe infections needing amputations to optic neuritis to kidney failure.

Approximately 1000 people are hospitalised per annum with sting induced myocardial infarctions.

But of course, this is all silly and blown out of proportion.

Asking people to give up alfresco dining? Really? Hmmmm!

And by the way not everyone is driven by profit. As a spin off business from the NHS our primary objective is to reduce human mortality and morbidity, our secondary objective is to reduce the financial burden to the NHS especially where 'patron facing institutions' don't properly discharge their duty of care to their patrons and finally, the profits that are raised are channelled back into patient care via an NHS charity which holds a stake in the company.

This is just so stupid.

If there are no wasp nests on the premises why should the owner be liable for any wasps that happen to be there and sting people that flap at them?

ANSWER. They aren't.

If there are wasp nests on the premises they can have them destroyed.

Wasps sting when they "feel threatened", don't bother them and they won't bother you and keep a sensible distance from any nest.

What a load of scaremongering.

Chris

Between 200,000 and 400,000 people in the UK seek medical attention for wasps stings each year at primary care level per annum.

As many as 1000 people per annum are hospitalised for a range of conditions spanning from anaphylaxis to severe infections needing amputations to optic neuritis to kidney failure.

Approximately 1000 people are hospitalised per annum with sting induced myocardial infarctions.

I enjoyed the odd episode of House too.

all this talk of wasps and theme parks reminds me of two of Cornwall's top tourist attractions.

Presume must compete with Trago Mills as a favorite day out for the Icanhopit household (or are they just for Emmits - leaving the domain of the Tripehound to natives?).

Do they do family tickets ?

:icon_204-2:

Back