Flow hive forum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooo thanks for the link.
I have signed up in anticipation of much entertainment in the future.

Think I will as well - better than watching Saturday night TV. and look at the bright side, if the damn thing does work and they have a for sale forum there will be plenty of 'nearly new' kit up for grabs from all the clowns who can't get their bees into the 'hive' :D

oh my!

How do we get our new bees into the hive? My friend tells me they come in frames and they just put the frames with bees in them into their hive. Doesn't seem to be an option with flow hive.
Thank
s

Ok, so I will need to purchase or make a brood box.

Last edited:
Yep ... good for a laugh over there if it wasn't such a tragedy looking for somewhere to happen .... the crowd funding site made it all look so easy didn't it ? Dainty little girls in frilly dresses and no PPE pouring honey on their muesli straight from the hive ...

Reality is going to kick in when they finally get some bees ... and find out they need a hive as well as the flow frames ... and a zillion other bits of kit !

and find out they need a hive as well as the flow frames ... and a zillion other bits of kit !

Too true.
If the thing works then the only piece of kit they won't need is an extractor.

Thanks for the heads up.. I have added to my "Jokes" folder...

again, I amazed, if everyone here posted and made fun of the newbies on this forum they would get looked down on, yet go to another forum and it'll be fun

again, I amazed, if everyone here posted and made fun of the newbies on this forum they would get looked down on, yet go to another forum and it'll be fun

:iagree:

My advice to people on the UK part of that forum has been to get involved in their local BBKA group and get some experience and knowledge over the summer so that they're prepared for their Flow Hive and bees when they arrive.

CVB

I've just been reading over there ... not participating .. and some of the questions are clearly from people who have no idea what they are getting into ... as I said .. it would be funny if it wasn't such a disaster looking for a home. Fortunately, the majority of questions appear to be coming from the USA or Australia .. fortunate for us in the UK of course.

I don't have a problem with the innovation ... the problem I have had is the marketing of the thing which clearly put a 'honey on tap' slant so heavily on it that some (most from what I've seen so far) people that have added to the crowd fund appear to think that keeping bees and generating honey is as easy and straightforward as growing your own herbs outside the back door.

Credit to Dexters Shed who appears to be trying to point people over in that forum in the right direction ...

Credit to Dexters Shed who appears to be trying to point people over in that forum in the right direction ...
:iagree: but will they understand him?

maybe someone should post a link in the UK Flow thread, to send people here.... to beginners section!

they must do, as they made me a moderator, so bee warned,:icon_204-2:

I hope you are on a Commission then!

They are a Commercial Company after all, I'd ask to get on the Payroll!

Hey, prices go Online tomorrow, interesting to see what the Online Price is.....

I hope you are on a Commission then!

They are a Commercial Company after all, I'd ask to get on the Payroll!

Hey, prices go Online tomorrow, interesting to see what the Online Price is.....

or raise funding via the internet!!!

Latest posts

Back