Converting DN4 into 14x12 Frames (especially with a Nuc)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Forum Members,

I am getting a Nuc in a day. However, my hive is 14x12; and i am wishing to convert or adapt my Nuc frames into 14x12s. What are my options?

put the deep frames in the middle, jumbo at the sides, leave them draw the deeps down as the see fit and work them to the sides, then replace them with jumbos when they are brood free.
It would helpt to know where you are as putting a nuc of deeps into a jumbo hive is leaving them to fend with a cavernous space, better off dummying them down and giving them more frames as they expand

put the deep frames in the middle, jumbo at the sides, leave them draw the deeps down as the see fit and work them to the sides, then replace them with jumbos when they are brood free.
It would helpt to know where you are as putting a nuc of deeps into a jumbo hive is leaving them to fend with a cavernous space, better off dummying them down and giving them more frames as they expand
Thank you so much for the guidance. Will keep you posted on the progress.

Thornes used to sell a convertor kit based on Hoffman convertor clips but it was a right faff much better off following JoB method

Last edited:
Back