What chance of survival?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So really what’s the difference between me using my teas to help against nosema if we are allowed to use thymol etc?
Because neither generic OA nor your teas (and for that matter thymol - except in authorised products) are on the VMD approved list - I agree that it's incongruous that the SA should approve of them - I didn't think that OA was but I stand corrected. The whole business of what is approved needs to be seriously looked at - but that has been said any times before and there seems little likelihood of the VMD changing their position - too much money changes hands for approval to make that happen any time soon.

Because neither generic OA nor your teas (and for that matter thymol - except in authorised products) are on the VMD approved list -
In a nutshell. You can’t vape anything apart from Apibioxal and then only once a year.

So really what’s the difference between me using my teas to help against nosema if we are allowed to use thymol etc?

I would guess that there's potential to fall foul of the rules because you are using stuff that isn't specifically allowed by the Soil Association rules. I'd check again, but I have a daughter demanding the use of a trailer that is full of stuff I need to empty out :D

James

I would guess that there's potential to fall foul of the rules because you are using stuff that isn't specifically allowed by the Soil Association rules. I'd check again, but I have a daughter demanding the use of a trailer that is full of stuff I need to empty out :D

James
Good luck it’s been snowing here earlier now it’s raining and cold 0c

Good luck it’s been snowing here earlier now it’s raining and cold 0c
Sun's out down here in the Costa del Fareham, about 8 degrees but feels a lot cooler as there's a bit of a breeze from the West - some rain predicted later (No surprise there then !). Bees are out flying despite the chill. Think I'll join them and sort out my strawberries whilst it's still dry ... at least I managed to get the lawns cut on Thursday (more moss and weeds than grass I fear !).

Sun's out here too, occasionally. But we also have horizontal rain :( We cut our lawn yesterday and I've just been emptying the clippings into the compost. Some of them must have been at least 4" long despite needing to set the blades on the highest cut just to be able to get through it!

Looks like it's going to be an indoor kind of day :(

James

Sun's out down here in the Costa del Fareham, about 8 degrees but feels a lot cooler as there's a bit of a breeze from the West - some rain predicted later (No surprise there then !). Bees are out flying despite the chill. Think I'll join them and sort out my strawberries whilst it's still dry ... at least I managed to get the lawns cut on Thursday (more moss and weeds than grass I fear !).
What a contrast in temps hey, our lawn looks like a mud bath and I won’t be cutting it any time soon.
Weather is staying in single figures all week with the chance of more rain/sleet showers.
I won’t be looking at the colony’s up here for a few more weeks yet, not that I’m worried they are holding there own feeling lightish but I won’t be feeding them.

Well I spoke too soon ... after a few hours of cold but sunny it clouded over and we got HAIL !! Hailstones the size of peas - almost unheard of down here on the Costa ... had to give up and come in .... now, ten minutes later - the sun is out again ! I give up ...

Latest posts

Back