Do you have VSH Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think total is a clue. Have you actually done any research on this subject or is it the usual prejudice?
No I havnt done any research, I just watch the videos of scientists that do it for a living.
I suggest you take a look yourself id start with the link I shared.

There is more aggressive bees than others, when you mix diffrent subspecies with others they can become more aggressive don't see you point?
Yea you have just reinforced my point, black bees moved to climates that are not native to them tend to die out, like I said moving none native honey bees to the UK is the same principle.
How about my black/dark buckfast do they count😂

No I havnt done any research, I just watch the videos of scientists that do it for a living.
I suggest you take a look yourself id start with the link I shared.

another yootoob 'expert' then

Why is it that for many thousands of years the native bees survived and through many different situations?
Take your buckfast bee you buy one in leave it a year or two and have to buy in more because the stock shows f2 or f3 aggression (that is a human manipulation that will have lasted less than 3 years without requiring yet more intervention, many thousands of years is significantly longer than 3 years is it not?)

How many of these other domestic stock you talk of open mate?

No like most things when humans think they know better end up making a mess of things, bees are a good example, kray fish would be another, grey squirrels another. Keeping native bees suited to our climate that survive well would be the best reason for keeping them over imported bees, how do you think varroa mites ended up in the uk to start with?
How can you quote grey squirrels and signal crays as an example of none native species preforming poorly, if anything the reverse is true they’ve preformed to well😂 can you answer my black/dark buckfast question.

Last edited:
Amongst all the many sub species a new winter-tolerant population of A. mellifera in Xinyuan prefecture, located in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China was found. The natural environment in Xinyuan is characterized by long, cold winters due to a combination of high latitude and altitude, with a frost season of 185–205 days.

Reactions: mbc
like I said moving none native honey bees to the UK is the same principle.

That is false claim. Clearly you do not have experience about different bee strains. You repeat only native Black bee. And their origin is from Belgium and France, when tracheal mite killed English original bees.

Amongst all the many sub species a new winter-tolerant population of A. mellifera in Xinyuan prefecture, located in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China was found. The natural environment in Xinyuan is characterized by long, cold winters due to a combination of high latitude and altitude, with a frost season of 185–205 days.

In Finland all bees are winter tolerant. If they are not , they die out in first or second winter.

Why is it that for many thousands of years the native bees survived and through many different situations?
Just because something survives doesn’t mean it’s any good. I wonder why so many commercial operations use imports or queens derived from them if all they wanted was survivors. Why do you think Robin?

Just because something survives doesn’t mean it’s any good. I wonder why so many commercial operations use imports or queens derived from them if all they wanted was survivors. Why do you think Robin?

Honey bees have been imported to the whole America and bees do well there. In hot parts of America subspecies scutellata has concured the colonies of European bees. Its brood cyckle is 3 days shorter than that of European bees.

Bees have imported to Australia, to Asia and so on. Surviving has nothing to do with native bees. New Zealand bees have been sold to many places on earth.

Beekeepers of the world have abandoned several races, when some races have developed better and better.

That is false claim. Clearly you do not have experience about different bee strains. You repeat only native Black bee. And their origin is from Belgium and France, when tracheal mite killed English original bees.
You accuse others of false claims then come out with this old chestnut, poor trolling Finman

You accuse others of false claims then come out with this old chestnut, poor trolling Finman

Oh dear.... you and your eternal native bees...

How much it is discussed , but the story does not become better. Ancient native bees are rising to existens every second British village.

A researcher asked from a Finnish bee breeder, what kind bees were 10 years ago. A breeder has said, no one knows. They are developing all the time. Bees are not museum things.

Last edited:
Oh dear.... you and your eternal native bees...

How much it is discussed , but the story does not become better
Thankfully, on the contrary, speaking from a personal perspective, the story of my bees is getting better and better by small increments over the years.

Thankfully, on the contrary, speaking from a personal perspective, the story of my bees is getting better and better by small increments over the years.

I have not seen it like that. Pure falses since Ice Ace Survivors and tens of thousands years' native/local evolution. The whole history has been built on falses. How the rest can be better facts.

And those story tellers believe, that they are great breeding inventors.

But never mind. The history of European honey bee was mere legend 20 years ago. DNA analysis of honeybee changed everything.

It was said that mellifera was developed in Europe and then it moved to Africa. Asian honeybee was born so, that Ice Ace, or was it Himalaya, splitted European honeybees to two groups.

Europe was 100 000 years under Ice Ace, and no bees cannot live on tundra. But they just lived. Who wants to spoil a good story.

Last edited:
Roger Patterson wrote 2013 in BIBBA, that water of English canal rised after Ice Ace and it isolated English Black bee from European honeybees. Since that Native bee has developed in isolation in its own way.

English canal's narrovest point is nowadays 30 km .
A speed of fast flying honeybee is 25 km/ hour.
Is it possible to bees to flye over English canal even today?

This thread has gone bonkers

I think that British bee breeding is bonkers. There are no better stuff to make better theories.

And no one mentioned thay the main goal in beekeeping is to get better yields.

Most important is to freeze the bee genes such as they were 150 years ago. They were perfect in those days.

Last edited:
Lol why is this derogatory, YouTube is a great platform for watching seminars of actual experts...........try it sometime you might gain abit more understanding before you start throwing clever quotes about. QUOTE="jenkinsbrynmair, post: 797080, member: 5111"]
another yootoob 'expert' then
[/QUOTE]

Back