what would you do

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spued a pint of veggie juice

So how many veggies do you have to crush to get a pint of juice? can't see the point really - bugger all nutrition value, flavour or use to man or beast (bit like the raw material really :D

So how many veggies do you have to crush to get a pint of juice? can't see the point really - bugger all nutrition value, flavour or use to man or beast (bit like the raw material really :D

Bugger all nutrition, you old folk need to step out of your box because the worlds changing! I know people living of just veggie juice and they are a picture of health and no sickness, ailments or other. I know people who were inspired by the "fat sick and nearly dead" documentary on YouTube (is waiting for the replies O that youtube ahain!)and its changed their life dramatically and binned all their poison meds these witch doctor's on the NHS and HSE in UK and Ireland. But hay, sure there's no nutritional value in veggie juice ;). As for your question about how much veggies, to put it in volume, its about a small shoe box of veggies for about a pints worth. As for the no taste, you couldn't be further from the truth!

And a wee tip for anyone's who's been vomiting all day, never ever do a fart out of your bum hole because you'll live to regret it!:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::hairpull:

Last edited:
Well that one went so far over his head it's in the stratosphere somewhere! :D

I know people living of just veggie juice and they are a picture of health and no sickness, ailments or other.

Seems to be working wonders for you by the sounds of it - good brainfood as well so I'm told - does wonders for the memory :rofl:

Nice dry day here on west coast, sun out but when out at the hives it was windy and cold and only seen one bee walking around the entrance of the hive. I put it back in hive through the opening in the mouse guard. Checked under the other 2 and there's more dead bees lying on the mesh floor with what looks like some chunks of fondant and only seen a few bees walking about one hive.

Will keep yas posted in few weeks.

Oh dear. They've spent some 10000 years refining medical treatments to the point where average lifetimes are closing in to 80 years, yet they're witch doctors?

:iagree:

Much better to gorge yourself with vegetable juice until you can sh!t through the eye of a needle :eek: (but then I suppose p!ssing through your a&se makes a change from talking out of it :D)

Last few posts of this thread so just to let ya know, all 3 hives where busy yesterday flying in and out of hive so looks to me they've came through winter OK thounwill know more when I open hives up near easter time to check how much stores etc.. There is. TBH I'm itching to open them but will refrain from doing until a few weeks.

Another thing I noticed just yesterday, I had a few brood/super frames with drawn comb and filled honey in a few brood boxes in my utility room and there's a smell from the honey in frames which I'm putting down to fermentation and other frames have blue mould. My question is will I throw these out or can the bees clean them.

After reading in other thread about bees storing fondant in frames, i decided to remove it so bees can make space for laying after consuming stores. So i went to remove fondant of three hives earlier seeing as the bees where flying in/out and weather was ok'ish.

Hive 1 with super under, lifted insulation off and there was only a small circle of fondant taken with some bees still working on it. Removed fondant and covered with strip of wood. One thing I did notice on crown board and insulation is that it was nice and warm when I touched it with my hand. I quickly put back the insulation and no hasle from bees.

Hive 2 the bees have taken all the fondant apart from a few small 50p size lumps. Removed this quickly and covered with insulation again. Same thing as other hive nice and warm to touch. Seen lots of small crumbs of foundant under this hive. Did bees discard it or just drop it.

Overwintered nuc next, lifted the insulation and touched with hand and was cold, same in insulation and my first thoughts was sh1t, bad news! Because this fondant was under crown board and not above like others, it hardened and there was a gap between crown and brood box so it must have been losing heat somewhere. I quickly removed fondant and had quick look at 1 frame with sliding it half out, It was full of capped honey as was the frame it was beside. I didn't really want to go into hive but thought It was best considering the circumstances. Did I make the right choice, maybe not but didn't want to leave the hive with that gap because maybe it would create air movement on bees.

I put in 3 varroa boards under mesh floor to check varroa drop. Didn't have any vasiline to spread over board but (this might be bit fcuked up but did it anyway) had tub of sudacream and covered all around the edges of the boards so the mites can't walk off the board after falling onto it. Do the mites even survive after falling, if not its something I don't know so thought best to cover corners just incase.

Back