what extractors are you using

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisfnvs

Field Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi Guys, my old second hand extractor has finally given up on me, and its time to splash the cash and invest in a brand spanking new one, the only trouble is which one to buy, i want an electric one that is capable of taking ten frames at a time plus Brood frames on the odd occasion, so my question is what type are you all using and where did you get them from, i would like as much information i can get before i make my decision to part with my cash Many thanks Chris

12 frame Giordan radial - drill driven. nicely made bit of kit.

takes LS and Dadant super frames, LS Brood and, with cages, LS jumbo/Dadant brood tangentially.

Bought mine direct but contact clive at agri-nova and see what he can do for you wrt what you want/need.

9 frame electric from m a i s e m o o r e in a sale about £200 off. They have a sale in October. It also takes brood frames.

Thornes 9 frame stainless. electric It's brill.

8 frame drill-driven from giordan. clive @ agrinova is the UK agent. about £400

Lega electric, well made at a reasonable price, from our friend in M******e Gloucestershire, backed up with parts if needed

9 frame electric extractor-expensive but extraction much better!
I reckon over the years will repay with the extra honey I get out. - too feeble to do manual :svengo:.... and I do let local beekeepers come and use it- as long as left in pristine condition;)

Second hand (1 previous use apparently) Th0rnes lightweight 9 frame electric - comes apart easily for cleaning and storage - brilliant.

R2

8 Frame Giordan, drill driven, stainless. Best value for money last year.
Service from Clive at Agri Nova was brilliant.
I believe he can meet most requirements.

Lega electric 15 frame (Radial), but comes with cages for tangential.

Adam

I am using M. Abeille's old manual one and it is working very well thus far for the number of frames I have to empty.

Forgot to add - also now have a 12 frame nearly new Tho*nes manual SS one for use with my smaller, national based concern (sadly not used this season).

4 frame electric SS radial from park beekeeping.
pleased with results but unfortunately wont take brood frames!

And expensive

Yes, but extracting honey is no fun and cranking a manual extractor is hard work. Mind you, removing cappings is a pain as well, so I may get an uncapping machine next year.

Giordan drill driven eight frame. I use an uncapping fork.....I find it strangely therapeutic bee-smillie bee-smillie.....I have extracted only two and a half supers though this year :)

Latest posts

Back