What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be honest I don't mind using a hammer, but then I have got good eye sight! lol

I find it ideal ; fame assembly times divided by three..and nailing in foundation is a doddle..

But if I didn't have to spend all that time nailing frames, instead of zipping through them with a machine gun, what excuse would I have for not doing the ironing, dusting, mopping etc, etc, etc?

Had a light bulb moment when I realised that the Kieler mini nuc bars I had "lost" are the same dimensions as a DN1 side bar - they just need shortening a bit and a semi-circle cut out of the side/s.

I seem to be the only one spending time in the workshop these days...!

made a few brood frames up and need to make more kit. Its never ending......

Assembled the brood box and the frames I bought at Beverley Auction. Just need to clean up a spare floor and crownboard to be ready for an incoming swarm ;)

Cut the wood I marked out yesterday for a few nucs and put them together. OMF floors and high roofs capable of holding a feeder to make in the next few days.

Cut the wood I marked out yesterday for a few nucs and put them together. OMF floors and high roofs capable of holding a feeder to make in the next few days.

Do you mind me asking what size of NUC and what plans you used?

Made 3 more OMF's, one was for my over wintering hive that is divided into three, each section holding 3 14x12 frames. Stainless Steel mesh is a bugger to cut.

Do you mind me asking what size of NUC and what plans you used?

I did not use any plans. I looked at a few but decided to make my own. I have made 6 frame national nucs with open mesh floors and telescopic (raised) roofs to allow a feeder to be used. The inside allows for beespace on all sides of the frames.

I need to do some dummies. got the ply and the timber but they had run out of motivation

I need to do some dummies. got the ply and the timber but they had run out of motivation

Simple job - cut a load of 10mmx10mm for top bars, load of rectangular pieces of ply, glue and tack bar on top, the lot done in under an hour which included scrabbling around finding odds and sods of timber to make them (and trying to remember where I'd put the glue!!

I keep top bars that have not turned out right, run them through saw to narrow them off then use them, boards are already cut put a sheet through the saw so got a few.
just been one of those days by time got to thinking about doing them motivation had gone.

Made 30x frames

I have had some unused 15mm t&g planks I my workshop for a while, so gave it a go at making my own frames.

I put them through my thicknesser and was then on the router table and saw bench for a few hours getting them right.

I really enjoyed assembling them last night and have 30 that I didn't have this time yesterday.

Got enough for a while.

Olivia9801

I am glad I did it despite the amount of work.

Latest posts

Back