What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steamed the wax off some frames. Used the oldest brood box to hold them and I'm not sure it will last. Anyone used a poly box with a steamer? Will they survive?

? If you check my design There is no 'opening' that has the varroa tray apart from the whole OMF - looks like adding insulation is going to do more harm than good - so I'll scrap that idea from now on.
It's all getting rather silly.

Where do I find your design? Some hives have the opening for the tray starting at OMF mesh. This gives very different characteristics compared to when the opening is some distance lower.

Made over 200 years ago ... with hand tools ....

You were busy, did you make them on your own... how many hours did it take you to make one from scratch, raw timber, the same as in the video, with all the intricate art work, mechanisms etc, etc?

You were busy, did you make them on your own... how many hours did it take you to make one from scratch, raw timber, the same as in the video, with all the intricate art work, mechanisms etc, etc?

I think if I had started 200 years ago I would STILL be making it ... just a stunning bit of craftsmanship and ingenuity from an age before electricity - don't you sometimes feel we have lost rather than gained some skills ?

- don't you sometimes feel we have lost rather than gained some skills ?

Not really. That sort of craftsmen were few and far between. There are still people with those skills, it's just that their things aren't marketed through B+Q!

- don't you sometimes feel we have lost rather than gained some skills ?

No i don't, the skills are still around, just that the rat race, money oriented, clock governed, I want it now, immediately, society, does not give this kind of thing much of a chance to be so widely practiced, as it did back in the days when time was no object.

Latest posts

Back