What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a dusting on the higher ground to the west.

Working on why the Motorhome keeps dumping water when the boiler and heating are on. Very odd.

PH

Had similar problem on caravan. Turned out the screw in safety valve had got cracked and as water got hot if forced it's way out. It was a bugger to get out and replace.

Nothing in apiary, it's snowing.

Just cold wet rain here.... ran 50 m of ethernet cable from the house to the Skibber... fitted one of these little darlings....TP-Link Wireless N Nano Router - 300Mbps New TL-WR802N... now have full broadband.

Was a total deadspot due to 15century meter thick granite walls!

Now I can continue the vacuous posts whilst watching the bottler clattering away!

:calmdown:

Snow, a lot.. and more to come for rest of the week.. Bees will have nice insulation. It is still wet and melting but will see..

Yes, the hills are white up at 1700 ft, just hail in the valley.

Living on high ground is very interesting sometimes, I've just taken dogs for a walk another couple of inches , there's a fiesta abandoned in a ditch ... Boy racers trying to get to the summit..

Snow is still falling.. I can't wait for weekend to go up in the mountain..
Our dogs are diving through the snow instead of bathing these days, my dad take them for " a dive" ( not a walk) around property.. They adore the snow more than the kids I believe, they are so excited when they go through snow.. Dad had to restrain them to follow fox trails..
Bees enjoy in silence of the snow these days..

I was hoping to move the home bees to the out apiary today, but it's warm and the bees are out flying in good numbers so will have to wait for it to go cold again.

I was hoping to move the home bees to the out apiary today, but it's warm and the bees are out flying in good numbers so will have to wait for it to go cold again.

I’m waiting for that too just going to go for it soon though had 1 or 2 cold days so far this year nothing like that though

Me and the four year old have been watching the garden hives. ( Orientation flights and toilet duties).
The first time this year to have seen so many bee's flying, even had the odd bee land on the lads arm , then fly of again .
I'll never get bored of observing this it's a wonderful thing to watch..
The temperature is 10.5 c... Fair weather cloud and a light breeze.

I did the same with my 3yr old grandson, he loves watching them.
Funny tho, all four hives tightly bunched and only one flying freely.... the others had the odd one or two exiting.
I suppose they are all at different stages in brood cycle etc.

I did the same with my 3yr old grandson, he loves watching them.
Funny tho, all four hives tightly bunched and only one flying freely.... the others had the odd one or two exiting.
I suppose they are all at different stages in brood cycle etc.

There was more orientating more than others , it doesn't last very long either . One was only doing toilet duties the others we're out in force even bearding the front of the hives.
Do you have a suit for your grand son , my lad loves his suit he finds it quite novel .
No need for them quite yet though..

i was observing my garden hives this afternoon, they were all very active,
bringing in pale white pollen ? only thing i can think it could be is snowdrops,

i also did a mite count on the 3 hives i have monitoring boards in,after a week zero mites counted,

i was observing my garden hives this afternoon, they were all very active,
bringing in pale white pollen ? only thing i can think it could be is snowdrops

Don’t think it’s snowdrops, I believe snowdrops pollen is orange-red.

Don’t think it’s snowdrops, I believe snowdrops pollen is orange-red.

now you mention, it yes snowdrop is bright orange ,
any idea what it might be ?

Last edited:
Back