What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added supers to a few of mine today really good flow on here at the moment just a shame the hot weather is only set to last a couple of days.

And what on earth is that sentence supposed to mean? Just speak plain English and your posts would be so more enjoyable!
E
0h... now in just which arm of the C'wealth - or indeed the British Isles
- twould that "plain English " be after finding kin?

An' doan start me on Grammer or Punk-ewe-achun as many posting here
clearly believe the comma is a truck - Leyland n0t Perkins powered. Hic
I myself do a l0t of editing to accomadate that lower standard of English.
Something others are clearly n0t bothered with in extending themselves to,
leaving the reader to make the best of a poor hash of Engrish.

Tis the content, n0t the presentation setting some's grey matter aquiver in
grappling with stuph not known to them.
No? I tellya, seen it firsthand, a l0t of Finny's work (in reasonable English)
just flies over the top of harpies - a whooser response often read.

Topical?
There is nothing convoluted in the question.
Where this degree of larval mortis _and_ lack of hygiene is so common
there has to be commonalities - what are those?
Would not having these aired assist your kindred folk when such 'disease'
is BI specific?

/folds hands/

Bill

Housed a small swarm, found within 100m from where I collected two last year. Somewhere on that housing estate is a wild colony, or a beekeeper who keeps losing their bees.

Yesterday collected a swarm with a lady I’m mentoring (she started beekeeping this year), that’s her 2nd colony now.
Moved 11 days old grafted Q cells to the incubator today. Bees out in force.

Expecting 2 new queens from a German breeder on Tuesday so made up nucs to receive them.
I'm spending most of the day making II tips (30mm Harbo type) for the 30 queens I have to inseminate over the weekend.

Moving a defensive hive in the morning, so just went out to shut them in and one got me right under the armpit.... now that hurt......

I then.put my suit on and could not have done it up right in.my haste as I now have another sting on my Adam's apple....lol

Moving a defensive hive in the morning, so just went out to shut them in and one got me right under the armpit.... now that hurt......

I then.put my suit on and could not have done it up right in.my haste as I now have another sting on my Adam's apple....lol

Lol indeed. Gotta love em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just moved my last three nucs into full hives at my out apiary site.

dam it was hot in a bee suit today. may need to find a thinner one.

It will be cooler tomorrow and next week, back to raining soon no doubt. You picked the hottest day of the year.

I know what you mean though, solid cotton suit is unpleasant once it gets in the 20’s even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Made 3 splits to accept grafted queens on Tue/Wed next week. As I’m done, my biggest hive decided it’s swarm time, pouring out of the hive like liquid...

Settled on a near by tree. Now in a box.

Wasn’t expecting this today 😉

Decided that even in speedos and Oz armour ventilated suit it was just too dang hot to be bothered doing any beekeeping. Whatever emergency I was supposed to deal with today will have to wait.
Sat in sun sipping a very cold one....or three....hic.

As I suspected a number of nucs with queens mated during the bad weather are a bust. Spent most of the day chucking drone layers .

Latest posts

Back