What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who told you they wouldn't?

They can fly a fair distance with a clipped wing, then crash into the scrub and never seen again - bees rturn to the hive, wait for the first QC to emerge, then off they go again, a prime swarm but headed by a virgin

There lies the difference..quite easy really.. they have rather swarmed or tried to swarm.

You want clipping around the lug and sending to bed,,

That's funny Steve almost as funny as you saying jbm doesn't want banning but could do with a punch in the arm thanks for the chuckle.

I'll keep it short because to much has happened and by the time I've finished it would be morning time.
I've caught two swarms in two days !
Not my own, and now there at home. had to split two colony's on the farm and transferred two more nucs bought yesterday .
I've managed to find a local beek who's making equipment for a steal so good bye th+++++ and who ever.
More has happened but I'll leave it for now.
The End.

Last edited:
Did some serious pruning to capture my 4th swarm of the season.
Now housed in my first Abelo poly hive.
Very probably from one of my hives....

Today is incubator day

20 queen cells (daughters of NL-55-35-16-2018) have emerged in the incubator so far today. Another 7 to go.

Managed to tip over a hive whilst looking for a queen!

Luckily she was in the only box that I didnt knock over!

What a nightmare hey?
f650a6d865a167885d0bc019de095a42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Managed to tip over a hive whilst looking for a queen!

Luckily she was in the only box that I didnt knock over!

What a nightmare hey?
f650a6d865a167885d0bc019de095a42.jpg

Was that a wellie in the hive strap trip????....PITA I now plush them under the hive out of the way of my tin legs!

Chons da

Did some (more) pruning and weeding to make room for the swarm enforced increase to four colonies...... Plus two swarms currently housed in nucs that need a good home. Ordered another Abelo poly for a spare piece of kit as currently all kit in use.
The guard bees watched me digging and weeding right up to their hives and didn't bother me at all.

Was that a wellie in the hive strap trip????....PITA I now plush them under the hive out of the way of my tin legs!

Chons da
It was just actually a really poorly balanced stack that was tipped by the second brood box.Definitely a PITA though

Hey lal.....join the club. My only problem was the falling stack tipped over the next two hives aswell.
I will never forget that day as long as I live. Unfortunately the last thing I thought about was taking photos. Well done.
E

Hey lal.....join the club. My only problem was the falling stack tipped over the next two hives aswell.
I will never forget that day as long as I live. Unfortunately the last thing I thought about was taking photos. Well done.
E
The only reason I was going into that hive was to nick some bees and brood to make a split for a queen. I was so relieved to find the queen in the only box that didnt topple, that I thought it was worthy of a picture!

Latest posts

Back