Stoneleigh meet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
possibley but having complained the work was at vw hours for the job plus list price for parts

i have checked for cheaper vw part and the saving qoted for full clutch and brakes bit only saved £175at importer in lowestof

yes the hourly is v high but thats london
I meant that you have been done by them saying they wouldnt do the clutch if you didnt have the brakes done...........or.. did they say the brakes needed doing?and would be better you had all work done at same time. If you belong the the AA etc ask their advice..... but the chances are that they will say they only recommended to you that they ought to be done...

And these are the people that say back street garages are cowboys...
Sorry to take this off topic....

I/we didn't make it either as I was in the genetics lecture (my fifth of six in two days, quality pretty good). We're used to agri shows as we used to show sheep at county/ RWAS so used to the slightly chaotic overcrowding of **** times....this ranked as pretty chaotic!

Glad I got in my frame seconds from Wynne Jones last week, carriage free. Got a Giordan commercial drill extractor on order :) and stocked up on those nice German hive tools at £8 instead of £11 plus from other sources here. And a couple of books. And....best be a good honey season ;).

Did bump into DrS by the aforementioned extractors. Badges for next year (hint, hint)?

I didn't make it to stoneleigh at all in the end! Was just about to leave home at 630 sat morning and something came up! Such bad luck!
I needed to stock up on so much gear too. If any one knows where I can get cedar supers, 14x12 BB's, the frames, roofs, floors, crown boards etc for as close to those Th**nes prices as possible then please let me know. Maybe someone on here got carried away and bought too much and is now looking to offload some. Wishful thinking I guess.....

Latest posts

Back