Stoneleigh meet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be conspicious in a black shirt with yellow writing on it.

Please say hi.

Not planning on arriving until mid morning.

PH

I have been dithering about Stoneleigh. I have to go to Birmingham on Tuesday as well and then Hereford a week on Sat so this is way more petrol expense than is my norm. I am fairly well stocked with my basics - there are always a few things needed like an extra feeder and QE. I am still consolidating my basic knowledge so probably the courses on offer would be better next year rather than this year. BUT it does seem such a good opportunity to actually see equipment rather than peer at web pages or catalogues. And - I am tempted to buy a Giordan extractor as I have been given the money for one and I know they are going to have a show offer.
I know there have been some good comments from people here already.

Have I left it too late? I think I'd be happy to just have a few hours there - to avoid what is probably a congested queue into car parks early in the day. Is it easy to find once I'm off the motorway?
Tricia

Ive ordered a giordan off mr newbit spoke 2 him last week. He has 2 containers full of stock arriving friday he said halfs sold allready so glad ive ordered one

you can pay at the doors when they open at 9 am to get in no problems there

as for getting there it depends whether you want to get involved the scrum for cheap timber parts.

if you do that you realy could do with with arriving around 7.30 to 8 am ish, get a cup of tea out of your flask, get your self together and jion the que at the reasonable front of the doors,

if you dont want timber pieces then turn up about ten ish to miss the madness and then enjoy your self

i will be there as a steward for about 8am and there is normaly one or two queing all ready.

the last point is that the sprint for frames is only in the thornes shop area only and the international hall and the rest of the sellers hall and the consevation hall are normaly very very civilised

Oh bu**er then... that is that thought out the window...LOL

I AM having shirt made though, and when you read it, if you see it you WILL very likely know who I am so say hello I dinna bite... often that is...LOL

PH

Ah and I thought you were going to pop a poly Lang on yer heed wi eye holes...

Guess I will arrive when I get there :)

Depends on traffic and when I drag myself out of bed!

Not in it for the th**nes wood sparts anyway, more a browse around / meet suppliers and see what I like.

Right. I have made a semi definite decision to be there. I'll be recognisable because I will still be dithering when I arrive.... Am some amazed people have even worked out what they will be wearing.
It would be good to have a list of anyone who will be in a fairly fixed location. My hubby always threatens to invent a religion where you wear a tea cosy on your head - he seems to think there are tax advantages or something. Perhaps we should have a logo we can print out and pin to a hat or lapel. There is a white flower on this forum (?ox eye daisy or similar?) which might do nicely.
Tricia

Looking forward to Saturday. I will be visible for miles around in the most virulent coloured lime green jacket you can imagine. ( No quips about directing traffic please.) As it will be so obvious you can choose to avoid me or say hi well before you get too close.

Cazza

Me and the wife are going on sat, i have a baby sitter sorted so looking forward to a good day out, and i have been allowed £300 by the misses to spend:party: but probably carnt get there till 10ish so i`m sure most good bargins will of gone.

Just to reiterate for those not brave enough to witness any action around WFB, theres a congregation at 1:30 immediately after and outside Chris B's honey appreciation in the Royal Pavilion - Royal Lounge.

One ole worker for the congregation...I will probably be wearing purple Doc Martens and even more probably other things as well. That should give you plenty time to run away. And a talkative nine year old with long brown hair (and not wearing the Number 1 Beekeeper T shirt she's desperate for after she does her Junior cert next year!!). Off in 30 mins to be ed you catered.

I will now be attending too!
I will be bringing my daughter with me but I've also managed to rope her favorite uncle into coming along too! ;)

So i'll be the one with the 19 month old little girl in tow who also looks like his brought his own personal bodyguard! Uncle pete is one of these misguided people who are obsessed with going to the gym. Although he will come in handy when it comes to carrying the stuff I need to buy.

"Although he will come in handy when it comes to carrying the stuff I need to buy."

and pushing you a route to front of th**nes melee!

Maybe a really silly question but as it's my first time attending I will ask anyway!

Do the trade stalls accept creditcard payment aswell as cash?

I assume so but just want to check in case I need to call at the bank on my way.

Maybe a really silly question but as it's my first time attending I will ask anyway!

Do the trade stalls accept creditcard payment aswell as cash?

I assume so but just want to check in case I need to call at the bank on my way.

Most if not all of them take card, although from memory i think some may have a minimum spend on plastic.

C B

Will some kind soul be willing to perhaps provide a short summary of the day and couple of pictures for all the unfortunate souls unable to go?

That would be really interesting,

Sam

Latest posts

Back