Starvation allert nbu

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Greatgreygreengreasytamarrivervalleyallsetaboutwithtwohiveowners.......

Brambles out in full bloom!!!

Native Cornish Black bees piling in the nectar and pollen.... even in this persistent drizzell!

Yeghes da

Hmmmm. My imported carnies, swarms, mongrels etc etc are also all flying in the cold drizzle. However, your Cornish bramble must be very different to mine as any flowers are wet through! :)

A heads up. I went to my out apiary this afternoon and found a burn flowing below one of my nucs. This is from run off due to the field currently being in tatties. Just be aware please both of flooding and starvation. I've just made up enough syrup to feed my nucs. I still need to check the hives but they had more reserves so not so worried about them.

PH

A heads up. I went to my out apiary this afternoon and found a burn flowing below one of my nucs. This is from run off due to the field currently being in tatties. Just be aware please both of flooding and starvation. I've just made up enough syrup to feed my nucs. I still need to check the hives but they had more reserves so not so worried about them.

PH
I had about 8 that were actually in a moving river. Luckily I had them on double pallets.

Please stop raining!

The ones pictured weren't anywhere near as bad
fd5ad9a58b7660f0f636121b6076a4aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm really feeling for new beekeepers. Some of the contacts I made this year at the beginners course who have only had their 1st colony a month or so are struggling a bit with this persistent bad weather.

Also I took 2 weeks annual leave, how very dare it rain so much! :laughing-smiley-004

Rain rain go away!

I'm desperate for rain in the South East of Tas. Please send rain to me. Not much over 100mm (4 inches) in basically 6 months. Blue Gums are flowering but because of the drought they don't seem to be producing anything in the way of nectar.

I'm desperate for rain in the South East of Tas. Please send rain to me. Not much over 100mm (4 inches) in basically 6 months. Blue Gums are flowering but because of the drought they don't seem to be producing anything in the way of nectar.
IF you cast your eyes North as we do South you'll find we have had more than 3metres
since November 2018, and still coming down, allbeit fairy pee style now.

Bill

So I checked my hive yesterday and the neatly full 2 supers are down to about half a super now. The box is full of bees and brood so I need to act!

I will feed them some syrup however I’m concerned about space. The brood box is pretty full and it is stacked with bees. If I feed them I’m worried they will swarm as run out of space. I could add an empty super under the brood box or any other helpful suggestion if you have one!

I'm now glad I didn't find the time to remove my full supers - all still on the hives. Have fed nucs but will keep a closer eye on them until the weather gets better.

I weighed mine on the 15th. They're in the 50-60Kg range so plenty of stores available. Having said that, production does seem to be lower this year so the weather is having an effect

Hive in garden swarmed at the weekend. Shook them in box of wet combs and left them.
Just on the point of death today with bees very weak and some dead.
Do they know what they're at at all? Original hive was fine and could have sent plenty of honey

Do you have any leather wood honey... Dad once fetched me some back

Back