Weak hive not feeding and worried

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know how many hives you have or for that matter how many they will do but a good motorcycle battery is much cheaper to buy and far lighter to carry around...
K ;)
I agree, a small 7ah motorcycle battery will do 5-6 hives

I dont know how many hives you have or for that matter how many they will do but a good motorcycle battery is much cheaper to buy and far lighter to carry around...
K ;)
:iagree: I once had a battery from a mobility scooter (something like20Ah) light enough to carry and still held enough charge to do a dozen vapes

K ;)
Actually you are right - if you have to buy a new one - but you can pick up a 12v car battery from a car breakers for next to nothing that will do the job - if you are canny with the Varrox, switching it on and off you should get 15 or 20 vapes out of a standard car battery before it needs charging. Depends, of course, on the Amp/Hr capacity of the battery but the average motorcycle battery will only give you about 5 AH whereas the average car battery will be in the order of 40 to 60 AH. 10 times the life.

K ;)
Or an invalid scooter battery. The motorcycle battery (as with a car battery) is designed for constant charging while in use and deep discharging is "bad" for its life expectancy. An invalid carriage battery (as with a leisure battery) is designed for deeper discharge/charge cycles so should be more tolerant of use for sublimating.

Latest posts

Back