A Welsh Flow Hive Harvest

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd be well advised to watch this :

https://youtu.be/9fYngTUZeUQ

Ahh yes fluffy rabbit syndrome. Nice one.
You would be well advised to not bother reading any threads that you don't like....reading everything posted on this forum is not compulsory. If you don't like it don't read it and then you don't need to post comments that you find it tiresome.

Last edited:
Well done.
Also good to see Pargyles learnt a new word :)

I were dragged up proper like ... a good Northern Grammar School where I was forced to learn a new word everyday ... carried it on until I was 40 and then decided I'd enough words for my purposes ... I've got a few more tucked away in the grey cells .. I was tempted to use polemical but it didn't quite hit the spot.

I've just had an email from my sister. She had friends from Australia visit and now they are back home in Oz they tell her someone has given them a flowhive.

If they are being given away in their country of origin that doesn't sound too good does it?

I have seen them being used in videos and I'm always stuck with a few issues... What happens should honey granulate in the hive as does happen occasionally, and how do you clean them? Haven't come across any simple answers to that. (Not that I search much as they don't interest me enough)

Personally, as well as honey, I'm looking forward to some kind of wax harvest too. Wax is so versatile and there's such demand for it that you cannot ignore it as a byproduct. Even cappings alone if collected accumulate to a usable amount with an eager market in time. With flow frames you get zero wax to save/collect. I suspect people who have invested in them slowly realise this too and want rid.

I think people that make them work love them and if they want wax they get a simple Lang and have more hives.

Two new words in one day... Well done.

blatherskite... sums up your posts on this forum..... apple - knocker is another!

Have another ton of mellanistic extrusion to extract so really do not have much time for all the blatheristification that seems to be vollipudeing from the frozen north!

So funny one can make it up as you go along!!

Yeghes da
Gocki!

Eristic again eh ? Sorry .. I'm not taking the bait ...

In a world where theres rarely only one correct answer Isn't debate rather the purpose of an open forum ?

All of the three keepers of bees in *Flowhives... that I have had anything to do with, seem to have given up keeping bees and have moved on to Alpacas!

Yeghes da

I won't be doing that. Can't fit an Alpaca on my rooftop ;-) :sorry:

In a world where theres rarely only one correct answer Isn't debate rather the purpose of an open forum ?

Oh yes ... this forum used to be famed for it's lively, informed, well mannered, reasonable and occasionally humorous debate (yes, there were occasional spats but nothing like some of the viscious tongues we see here now).

Sadly, the vast majority of the people who used to participate in those enjoyable, often rambling, threads (and yes ... they are still alive but don't post any more) have been driven away by a few on here who seem to delight in argumentative, nit picking, occasionally personal, antagonistic posts.

Oh yes ... this forum used to be famed for it's lively, informed, well mannered, reasonable and occasionally humorous debate (yes, there were occasional spats but nothing like some of the viscious tongues we see here now).

Sadly, the vast majority of the people who used to participate in those enjoyable, often rambling, threads (and yes ... they are still alive but don't post any more) have been driven away by a few on here who seem to delight in argumentative, nit picking, occasionally personal, antagonistic posts.

Yep.
I don't know what's got into some folk here. It used to be so different before some absolutely had to have the last word on any argument.
I feel sorry for Mark with all the family stuff, to have to police some of the rubbish here as well.

driven away by a few on here who seem to delight in argumentative, nit picking, occasionally personal, antagonistic posts.

Posts like you calling a member a pompous, self righteous prick ?
The moral high ground is very easily lost.
I'm not starting an argument here, just pointing out a touch of hypocrisy on your part. I know there'll be times when I should take my own advice, but can't you just ignore each other?

Last edited:
(and yes ... they are still alive but don't post any more) have been driven away by a few on here who seem to delight in argumentative, nit picking, occasionally personal, antagonistic posts.

Couldn't agree more. The sooner they go the better. Long live reasoned debate...lets kick the ad hominen type of replies into the gutter where they belong.

Latest posts

Back