New hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see.

I have an eke (1” high) with an entrance , that I made for performing a...(the name escapes me...basically, when you need another/alternative entrance further up).......

Would using that eke do? The drones would then be able to escape from the top box.
But they will extend the super comb downwards to fill the 1 inch gap!
I would drill a hole in a super and fill it with a cork when not needed

I guess the scientist have it wrong then

My recollection is that the tests on the effects of glyphosate on bees are done with doses way in excess of those that would be likely to occur "in the wild", so what the scientists say may not be wrong, but may not be the full picture either.

James

My recollection is that the tests on the effects of glyphosate on bees are done with doses way in excess of those that would be likely to occur "in the wild", so what the scientists say may not be wrong
but may not be right either

Here’s my flow hive and bees nuc is 6 weeks old there doing very well just about filled all the frames will be ready for the sup soon
Suze, the replies to your original post will help you understand how the forum works. Some will comment helpfully on a post straight away, some will ask questions to help them grasp what you're asking and enable them to better reply, some will immediately be unnecessarily critical and some will shoot off at a tangent.

Some advice will contradict others. Some who reply will do so in an unsympathetic or even hostile manner. Some will pick an argument with other posters because back in the mists of time they took against each other and can't stand to miss an opportunity (you know who you are). But within the forum there is a wealth of knowledge and experience. As you read more you'll learn who are the best people to follow. One or two of them are among the most unsympathetic or argumentative. They take the "cruel to be kind" approach, but are well worth following.

Don't let the way that some replies went put you off. There have been 45 posts before this one, only 7 of them yours, so you've sparked interest. That in itself shows the help that there is out there.

Latest posts

Back