New hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suze

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Here’s my flow hive and bees nuc is 6 weeks old there doing very well just about filled all the frames will be ready for the sup soon

Attachments

• IMG_2169.jpeg
    IMG_2169.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2211.jpeg
    IMG_2211.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2239.jpeg
    IMG_2239.jpeg
    842.4 KB · Views: 13
The last photo looks as though they are on wild comb. Is that on a frame at all?

Here’s my flow hive and bees nuc is 6 weeks old there doing very well just about filled all the frames will be ready for the sup soon
The third photo shows quite a few dead drones on top of the excluder? It looks like there is an impression of flow frames that may have been sitting on that area too?

ready for the sup soon
Something is not right, Suze.

The QX has a significant number of dead & crushed drones above it, and the comb on the grid suggests bees had at one point run out of space. What's the story of your weekly checks in the last 6 weeks?

Hi Suze, Welcome to the wonderful world of the beekeeping forum ... don't take these comments to heart - there are lots of people trying to help. The frames you have in the box appear to be very widely spaced apart .. how many frames do you have in there ?

I'd agree with Eric above - something does not look quite right - but, the good thing about keeping bees is that most things can be put right and an awful lot of things will be put right by the bees themselves ...

Some more photos - perhaps of the actual frames ? Might help us to give you some more opinions ...

Stick with it we will get you sorted out.

Philip

@Suze
Agree with Philip, I see you haven't been back yet to check replies. Do come back with some more info.
I'll pop this thread into the beginners section so that you get more answers too

Sorry really new to this guys 😬 that photo with all the dead bees on is not my hive put it on by mistake I was showing some one what weed killer does to bee it’s a very sad hive 😥

The QX has a significant number of dead & crushed drones above it, and the comb on the grid suggests bees had at one point run out of space. What's the story of your weekly checks in the last 6 weeks?

Very sorry put the wrong photo up this is not my hive this is what happen to bees when weed killer is used 😥

The last photo looks as though they are on wild comb. Is that on a frame at all?
Hi Enrico it’s not wild comb the frame is a foundationless frame the bees build a natural comb it’s very cool

Hi Suze, Welcome to the wonderful world of the beekeeping forum ... don't take these comments to heart - there are lots of people trying to help. The frames you have in the box appear to be very widely spaced apart .. how many frames do you have in there ?

I'd agree with Eric above - something does not look quite right - but, the good thing about keeping bees is that most things can be put right and an awful lot of things will be put right by the bees themselves ...

Some more photos - perhaps of the actual frames ? Might help us to give you some more opinions ...

Stick with it we will get you sorted out.

Philip
Thank you for your understanding I will download some more photos hopefully they will give you a better idea

Attachments

• IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    633.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2241.jpeg
    IMG_2241.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2240.jpeg
    IMG_2240.jpeg
    661.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2238.jpeg
    IMG_2238.jpeg
    827.7 KB · Views: 1
These where taken about a week after putting my nuc in

The third pic with what amounts to a few hundred dead drones suggests they were trapped above the QE and as we know they can't get thru so starved in the end or exhausted themselves.

Those dead drones are nothing to do with weed killer!
I’m afraid they are, glysophate in weed killer affects bees the microbiology of the bees it also affects there memory and makes them more vulnerable to infection wiping the bee colony out

Suze, experienced beekeepers are saying they are seeing something wrong. Let's consider it. Are the dead bees from your hive? If so,they drones and are they above the queen excluder?

Suze, experienced beekeepers are saying they are seeing something wrong. Let's consider it. Are the dead bees from your hive? If so,they drones and are they above the queen excluder?
sorry No they are not dead bees from my hive 🐝

Yes all the bees are drones. No workers there.
The third pic with what amounts to a few hundred dead drones suggests they were trapped above the QE and as we know they can't get thru so starved in the end or exhausted themselves.
:iagree:

Latest posts

Back