What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try This
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/beek.html
Remember poly hive, he has a web site with all Dave's stuff on it, I can't post the link but it has a - in between poly hive
Yes, he's spent the last year or so copying every single page from Dave Cushman's site and adding it to his own. Not really a gentlemanly thing to do, even with his so-called disclaimer.

Made a pallet breaking tool, I wish I had known about them years ago

Wish I'd had one out in Africa!
Made up another brood box (just realised I have another nuc here which needs hiving!) and some supers ........and some more frames put metal covers on three roofs.

I'm totally out of boxes except for one in case of a late hive wanting to swarm. It's going to be a busy winter making another seven hives, only for swarm prevention mind you, honestly !

yes well, my stash of 'just in case' flat packs is now very deplete so Good news for Big T's and Maisies; I think I shall be picking up a few extras in the convention next year as well as spending the winter making a few spare roofs and floors. SWMBO has already commented on the fact that the bedroom ceiling seems further away at the moment - the attic looks fairly bare!

Bolted some rubber feet on my extractor, last time I used it nearly ruined my kitchen floor

Made my first frames for wire queen excluders and made a rhombus clearer board.

I am about to convert existing clearing boards into rhombus types , they are quite deep but maybe not deep enough .

VM

be7u3anu.jpg

From this to this!

uda6y9y6.jpg

bebehypu.jpg

The fillet I've made from a reclaimed frame made in China , the timber is close grained and hard but has no knots and doesn't split on nailing so no special precautions needed :) I think it maybe rubber wood?
Only done the one ,I will convert most of the others if this is as good as promised .
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look deep enough to me VM - mine are only about an inch deep and they clear well enough (even the monster bee making factory hive had no more than half a dozen bees left in three supers overnight.)

I think so too, without the addition of the fillet I think the original too shallow 12.5 m/m :)
Now totalling 32 m/m as is hole size .
We will see :D
VM

Only done the one ,I will convert most of the others if this is as good as promised .

It is … you won't be disappointed. However, if there's a good flow on don't leave them on more than overnight. The space under the board will be packed with bees frantically building brace comb …

20140629-0011.jpg

Been there done it only in my case after oxalic acid treatment ,eke for fondant left on :)

Played with my compressor and air nailer I got from Aldi, back in the spring, today. Love it, can do 40 frames from scratch to filled with foundation in 1hour I wish I had tried it earlier in the year, I can get so many more frames done in a day and my arm isn't worn out with using the pin pusher after 20frames and 2hours. Love it, Love it.

Hey the rubber feet worked, honey extraction was a pleasure not having to scrub the marks of the kitchen floor

Finished my warming cabinet used the Beecraft booklet as the starting point, but used an Ecostat heating cable, rather than the old lightbulbs. Insulated the box with Kingspan and it warms up and holds 45 degress C with easy

Added a second greenhouse heater tube to my warming cabinet. Heats up double quick now and holds steady at 45c. Big enough to fit 5 bs shallows.

Also made a frame steamer using an old bs shallow and deep. made a base using an old zinc q excluder with a piece of corex underneath. Another piece of corex above with a hole for the wallpaper steamer. Filtered the molten stuff through two layers hessian and it came out lovely. Well pleased :)

finished making up the last of the stock purchased from the last Th*rnes sales last Oct!

so that's another two roofs, and 3xOMF made up. I've now made up all my shallow frames, plenty of brood frames left, plenty of foundation for both shallows and deep left.

Need to start making a list for what to purchase at the next Sale in Oct! (seems months away, but will be here soon..)

Look at treating for v.* and purchasing in syrup for the Autumn feed. I heard that my "borrowed" extractor for the last two years, is wanted again next year, so may need to purchase extractor in the Sales!

Back