What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continued to convert a 14x12 brood box and floor into two NUC boxes, next I have a pile of warped Thornes second supers unmade that I will cut butcher to make 1/2 size miller feeders then some 1/2 sized crown boards.... All this will live under a standard roof....
Bit more to do and then decide where to cut the entrance holes.... Side by side.... Or diagonally opposite ends of the brood box?

Must take some pics

Made my first warre super from pallet wood. It requires more woodworking skills and tools than a TBH and I regret it stretched me to limits of my woodworking skills (which I did study in school in another :eek:a long time ago)

:icon_204-2:

My stuff is in my "Bee Room" ( I thought it plenty big enough when we moved :icon_204-2: )
AND
in the sun room
in the kitchen
in the garden shed
in husbands workshop
in the yard
and in the garden store at the apiary
There's no hope.

What I would really like is an extracting room

Just put the finishing touches to a router sled I've made to cut complex mitre joints - will be starting work on the first of the uPVC WBC lifts tomorrow, after the various glued bits have dried.

LJ

I repaired my cheapo ebay hive temperature and humidity monitor ... the LCD display had half disappeared ... the helpful supplier told me how to fix it - LCD screens seem to work by just being in direct contact with the PCB so ... undid six screws, wedged a bit of bluetack behind the PCB and screwed it back together ... perfect.

I cut up a bit of foam rubber and added my other two (even cheaper) temperature senders - one goes at the bottom of the hive and one does the external temperature - to the Asda seal tight box they will live in and mounted it all on a hinged plate so I won't have to bend down to read all the data ... too dark to screw it back on the hive and it's going to be heavy rain tomorrow so ... might have to be the weekend before it's all back in action.

:icon_204-2:

My stuff is in my "Bee Room" ( I thought it plenty big enough when we moved :icon_204-2: )
AND
in the sun room
in the kitchen
in the garden shed
in husbands workshop
in the yard
and in the garden store at the apiary
There's no hope.

What I would really like is an extracting room

That's the only one they'll want to inspect when you do your General Husbandry ...

Is there a list around or any general guidance for minimum requirements for a honey processing room?

Set up my first router jig, for putting half-lap joints into lengths of uPVC 6mm strip to make up ekes, crownboards and other basic stuff. Experimenting with the PVC: my only concern is sterilization-caustic soda I suppose.

finished my Double NUC box from a 14x12 and floor
gives me 2 x 5 frame NUC's the extra with in the divider is to allow 1/2 sized supers or brood boxs to go on top... or 4 with the Frame feeders
entrances diagonal on opposite sides of the box.
vamugyme.jpg

4e4evuga.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back