What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good day at the farm apiary adding supers and brood boxes to some lovely, thumping colonies and remarked five queens.
These got another brood box and a super, can you spot the queen?
View attachment 39605View attachment 39606
Looking great.
I can't zoom into the photos ...
Perhaps she is so obvious you are not expecting us to need to?

Did four sites today, and still going in the dark with wax recovery steamer, which is the best time to do it with a dearth like this.
Ok, there is a queen in this photo, taken today. Anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_20240419_130413725.jpg
    IMG_20240419_130413725.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1
Good day at the farm apiary adding supers and brood boxes to some lovely, thumping colonies and remarked five queens.
These got another brood box and a super, can you spot the queen?
I'm new so please be gentle if I've been an idiot, but might this be her? Towards the top left of the frame as it is in the photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419_145333_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419_145333_Samsung Internet.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Secondly shallow on one hive, first onto two, others left as they were.

First misplacing of hive tool this season occurred. Hopefully it'll appear next week.
If it's any consolation, I have already lost a hive tool as well :-(

Lovely day for an inspection, all five queens seen and doing well. Quite a few drones. Put a free supers on, maybe a bit prematurely. Second picture of psycho queen , laying like crazy, biggest colony out of the 5. Jury still out
🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝

Attachments

• IMG-20240419-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20240419-WA0025.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20240419-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20240419-WA0026.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm new so please be gentle if I've been an idiot, but might this be her? Towards the top left of the frame as it is in the photo.
Swarm was joking. He’s an eagle eye Queen spotter and he admitted there was no way you could spot her
But if he’s dabbed her yellow you might be right. How long did it take you? 😉

Lovely day for an inspection, all five queens seen and doing well. Quite a few drones. Put a free supers on, maybe a bit prematurely. Second picture of psycho queen , laying like crazy, biggest colony out of the 5. Jury still out
🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝
Wow, she’s a good size!

Checked the hive that I thought was a goner 3 weeks ago. At that time just a couple of handfuls of bees and a queen, but no brood. I compacted them down and today was amazed to see them flying. A palm sized patch of brood and also fresh pollen. I might boost them with a frame of brood and bees when I look at the hives on another site.

Latest posts

Back