What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So started prep yesterday for the hives going to the heather fineshed late to then end up all night and morning in hospital but now have a new baby boy so tired now what's the smallest bee suit you can buy hahahaha

So started prep yesterday for the hives going to the heather fineshed late to then end up all night and morning in hospital but now have a new baby boy so tired now what's the smallest bee suit you can buy hahahaha

Great news! I got my first bees 3 weeks before my first born - lucky to have a very understanding wife who didn't give me too much grief for using my paternity leave on those first season bee stresses!

Congratulations Swinton ... you don't need anything else in the water at Matlock ... people have been claiming miraculous properties for centuries ... and swimming in it !

I was surprised to visit a bait hive, which was used to try and lure bees out of a house, to have so many bees in.

So I sprayed them with water, and used them to fill two apidea, after a few hours, I ran in two virgin buckfast queens. We will see what happens to these two apidea, in a few weeks.

Thank you all very much I will hopefully be back on the bees tommorow puting clearer boards on under full supers but will have to see how much sleep I get first

Loving my new 2015 out-apiary site. Field beans followed by an abundance of limes. Honey building nicely.

I've had to cobble together bits of 'seconds' supers previously discarded as being too rough. Realised I can't afford to be that fussy as I am fast running out of boxes. Was sooooo sure I would have enough this season. Bah!

Thank you all very much I will hopefully be back on the bees tommorow puting clearer boards on under full supers but will have to see how much sleep I get first

Have you got a nice comfy chair in the bee shed? Power naps are the way forward I reckon! Congratulations to you and Mummy Swinton.

Loads of Congratulations to you and Mummy Swinton.....totally smother her with flowers, chocolates and hugs....or she will never forget that you were off playing Bee Games instead of admiring her tremendous efforts and result....wonderful!:party::party::party::party:

Inspected today. Good news.

A swarm (probably a caste from the size) collected last week, my first, had eggs

An AS from the end of May which I (bravely? or foolishly?) made into 2 colonies now has laying queens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visited one of my out apiaries, got to the fourth hive opened it up and was met with a deafening sound of buzzing and a cloud of bees nearly covering my veil. Closed up and carried on checking the last three remaining colonies. Oh well some more requeening to do.

Just heard the sad news that Clive de Bruyn NDB passed away last wednesday. I have known him for over 30 yrs. He was one of the most pleasant and knowledgeable beekeepers you could ever meet. His lectures were some of the most memorable and enjoyable on the beekeeping convention circuit.

Inspected today. Good news.

A swarm (probably a caste from the size) collected last week, my first, had eggs

An AS from the end of May which I (bravely? or foolishly?) made into 2 colonies now has laying queens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was a cast headed by a virgin that was quick work in getting mated and starting laying.

Looking to be beeless next year as none of my queenless colonies have accepted bought in new queens. Found dead at the entrances. May as well have gone to the nearest drain and posted £100 quid down it. I've never been a gambler because I hate the thought of throwing my money away but that is what it is, gambling. Sickening. Really fed up with beekeeping at the moment. I would love to raise my own queens but I do not have enough time to look after 50+ hives needed to do so. I'm off to get drunk for the rest of the day. :nopity::cheers2:

Just heard the sad news that Clive de Bruyn NDB passed away last wednesday. I have known him for over 30 yrs. He was one of the most pleasant and knowledgeable beekeepers you could ever meet. His lectures were some of the most memorable and enjoyable on the beekeeping convention circuit.

Thank you for sharing that very sad news. He was a great help to my local beek support group and will be missed.
Cazza

Latest posts

Back