What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked nucs and topped up feeders at out apiary. Started what looks like being 3 days of extracting, picked an F1 weekend to watch while spinning it off to make time go quicker.
S

I have ordered the T-shirt!

Checked nucs and topped up feeders at out apiary. Started what looks like being 3 days of extracting, picked an F1 weekend to watch while spinning it off to make time go quicker.

S

I would rather watch honey drip than watch F1. What a dull procession it has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would rather watch honey drip than watch F1. What a dull procession it has become.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but I always find comments like this from people who don't follow it properly. F1 is a lot lot more than the cars going around.
Off to watch free practice, have fun :paparazzi:
S

... then supers off Sunday, extraction starts Monday.

YEP ... That's whereI am ... just going out to put the clearer boards on,

Nice sunny morning here and about 15 degrees forecast for later on and even warmer tomorrow. Girls making the most of it and flying well. Ivy just starting to bud in my garden so probably a week or two away yet - usually in flower in first week of October down here on the Costa del Fareham so more or less on track.

Put a couple of jars into the Association Honey show ... more a bit of fun than anything serious.

I can never understand the desire to let other people know you don't like this or that. The number of people who come to my stall to tell me they ,"don't like honey".....
Why do they do that!?

I can never understand the desire to let other people know you don't like this or that. The number of people who come to my stall to tell me they ,"don't like honey".....
Why do they do that!?

I even find people taste it from the taster jars we put out and then tell me they don't like honey .... well why taste the stuff then ??? Some people ... should be prevented from breeding !!

Why do they do that!?

Human nature.... I don't like carp... horrible boney muddy tasting fish... but lots of people spend a lot of time and money catching them just to let them go again!!

Yeghes da

Last supers off, and from my best hive too - four completely rammed stand bag supers which I reckon weight somewhere north of 100lb altogether. I could only just carry them down the garden two at a time.

I got some rape honey off that colony too at the beginning of the year.

Not bad for a colony that requeened itself in the middle of April after they either swarmed, or I accidentally squished the queen during an inspection. I think I should breed from her next year :)

Why do they do that!?

Because the world revolves round them (like those who persist in bringing their own political beliefs into non political subjects,, or vegans who try to tell everyone non vegans are evil,, on the anti pesticides activists who have fortunately been all banned from here...)....:paparazzi:

Because the world revolves round them (like those who persist in bringing their own political beliefs into non political subjects,, or vegans who try to tell everyone non vegans are evil,, on the anti pesticides activists who have fortunately been all banned from here...)....:paparazzi:

Er well.....
I fed my last colony of bees invert today.....

now I start the round of 150 colonies again....

:sorry:
for having any point of view!

Nos da

Fed another 4ltr of 2:1 to each hive as last Saturdays batch was all gone and i vaped them all for the third time,all went smoothly but i was a bit sick after having to put a cosey on one of my hives, i have three new Abelo brood boxes spare but i did not want to mess the bees about late in the season by moving them into the poly hives, i will do it next spring and bin that dam cosey.. lol , one thing that has me stumped today is i seen one single bee going into the hive that was dusted totally white but there's no Balsam anywhere near for miles , what could it be ??? .

You are of course entitled to your opinion but I always find comments like this from people who don't follow it properly. F1 is a lot lot more than the cars going around.

Off to watch free practice, have fun :paparazzi:

S

I couldn't agree with you more. It's about advertising and money. The racing seems secondary now.
I appreciate the skill that goes in to F1 driving and the engineering behind it but as a spectacle on TV it leaves me cold.
Give me any bike racing or rallying or touring cars or the lower classes of single seat racing every time.
I was just passing a comment but love the attacks that come forward over me saying that I find F1 boring.
I would say the same of football but I seem to have misplaced my thick skin.

Mine are full of brood !
One vape January !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apiguard on at presen, so did nothing with the bees, except gradually moving some hives to better position in the apiary. Generally tidied up around the site and burned sulphur in my stacked empty boxes. As I walked onto my site, lots of buzzing. They are going mad on the ivy. Left stores in BB's and hoping to not have to feed this year. All heft at a fair weight already, but a bit more to go

Mine are full of brood !
One vape January !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

January is too late - vape three times now - once every five days.
And before someone pipes up - OA vaping DOES NOTdamage brood

Spent the day going around collecting supers and readying hives for winter. These supers not very full but quite a bit of honey there - just got the home apiary to do now where the bulk of the heather honey is.

Shook out the only nuk that has failed this year.

Last edited:
Back