Weald place farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:laughing-smiley-014

That's a good bit of copy!

But really, without honey this is a colony of bees (if that big) with a second hand hive. Doesn't seem that cheap when all the risks are taken into account. Probably about right, if he is legit and it's a full colony. Walking on!

Last edited:
:laughing-smiley-014

That's a good bit of copy!

But really, without honey this is a colony of bees (if that big) with a second hand hive. Doesn't seem that cheap when all the risks are taken into account. Probably about right, if he is legit and it's a full colony.

I think the story is believable though.

Do a search on here for weald place farm - I can guarantee it you won't sleep for a week! man's a shyster

Do not go near this guy with a 10 foot barge pole.

I ordered a nuc colony off him last year (might have been the year before)

He took a big deposit by paypal and didnt get back to me for months despite constant badgering. I couldnt get my money back off paypal as it had gone past 90 days. After I got very angry with him he finally came up with a colony at the end of June / start of July. When I went to pick up the Bees (my first colony so I was naive) it was already taped up and blocked. I did ask if I could see the queen - but he made a million excuses why he didnt have time - and I stupidly went on my way

the upshot was he had just chucked 5 frames of random bees in the NUC without a queen - despite best efforts the colony dies out within a couple of weeks. I then found out that he supplied me the Bees while he was supposed to be on lockdown with EFB - so not only had I lost the couple of hundred quid for the colony, I had to take the tough decision to burn my brand new national and all the accessories rather than risk being in possession of infected items.

I wrote to him, I emailed him, I phoned him, I shamed him on his facebook page - not one response, reply to the answerphone or emails. I didnt go round as I didnt trust myself to behave if he started his excuses again. It was a massive downer for a beginner bee keeper - but also a hard lesson learned.

I contacted trading standards - they weren't interested, although they said I wasn't the first person to contact them about him.

Do not put one penny in this mans pocket

You may find the author is dyslexic, that does not mean he's stupid. I'm not defending WPF but dyslexics.

Given practically every browser, word processor, website building suite, etc. has a spell checker built in, I struggle to see it as a reasonable defence, especially when it's going on what's supposed to be a professional website that inspires confidence in people to buy from you. The least you can do is use an automated spell check and/or ask someone to proof read it for you if it's for a "professional" site.

Thanks JBM and Lee.

There are 'newbees' out there who can get conned if they believe what's on a website.

I think the best advice is to join the 'local' BBKA branch and get the info. and or bees from a known source.

Tim

Given practically every browser, word processor, website building suite, etc. has a spell checker built in, I struggle to see it as a reasonable defence, especially when it's going on what's supposed to be a professional website that inspires confidence in people to buy from you. The least you can do is use an automated spell check and/or ask someone to proof read it for you if it's for a "professional" site.
Hear hear!

The listing has gone from eBay...

Last edited:
I also delt with this guy took my money made me wait months hes a compulsive liar but got ther in the end had to shout at him .

He took a big deposit by paypal and didnt get back to me for months despite constant badgering. I couldnt get my money back off paypal as it had gone past 90 days. After I got very angry with him he finally came up with a colony at the end of June / start of July. When I went to pick up the Bees (my first colony so I was naive) it was already taped up and blocked. I did ask if I could see the queen - but he made a million excuses why he didnt have time - and I stupidly went on my way

the upshot was he had just chucked 5 frames of random bees in the NUC without a queen - despite best efforts the colony dies out within a couple of weeks. I then found out that he supplied me the Bees while he was supposed to be on lockdown with EFB - so not only had I lost the couple of hundred quid for the colony, I had to take the tough decision to burn my brand new national and all the accessories rather than risk being in possession of infected items.

I wrote to him, I emailed him, I phoned him, I shamed him on his facebook page - not one response, reply to the answerphone or emails. I didnt go round as I didnt trust myself to behave if he started his excuses again. It was a massive downer for a beginner bee keeper - but also a hard lesson learned.

I contacted trading standards - they weren't interested, although they said I wasn't the first person to contact them about him.

IM AFRAID I WOULD OF GONE ROUND WITH A COUPLE OF MATES AND TOOK SOMETHING THAT WAS WORTH £200-00 THEN SMACKED HIM:sorry::sorry:

Did you report him to FERA?

HE WILL BE BACK :beatdeadhorse5:

And will probably be complaining to Admin about the thread like he has before (if I remember correctly) so please be careful with what you say guys.

Not only is the guy a charlatan , the cheeky b-----d is using one of my photographs - stolen from modern beekeeping to advertise "HIS" hives. I gave the photo to M.B. to use in their publicity. This cheeky s-d is using it without my permission. Keep well clear of him and his broken promises and dishonesty.

Last edited:
Not only is the guy a charlatan , the cheeky b-----d is using one of my photographs - stolen from modern beekeeping to advertise "HIS" hives. I gave the photo to M.B. to use in their publicity. This cheeky s-d is using it without my permission. Keep well clear of him and his broken promises and dishonesty.

I am a professional photographer and I can tell you now, you can sue him for breach of copy right. You can claim 10% of all the money he has earned from the use of your photo.

I too had problems with him last year. I just had an inspection from the RBI 3 weeks ago cause I got a nuc from him last year just before his EFB outbreak

Last edited:
he goes onto most of the beekeeping forums under pseudonyms, so he is probably reading this right now - I have no qualms about saying what I am saying as I know I am only speaking the truth. And if you are reading - I want my £200 back!

he goes onto most of the beekeeping forums under pseudonyms, so he is probably reading this right now - I have no qualms about saying what I am saying as I know I am only speaking the truth. And if you are reading - I want my £200 back!

I had to turn up at the spring convention where he had a stall and threaten to tell everyone about my experience with him. I told him I was prepaired to stand there all day long, It was only then he agreed to give me my 2 Nucs I had paid for. I got both Nucs 2 days latter.

This side doesant av asell chaqur...

I am a professional photographer and I can tell you now, you can sue him for breach of copy right. You can claim 10% of all the money he has earned from the use of your photo.

I too had problems with him last year. I just had an inspection from the RBI 3 weeks ago cause I got a nuc from him last year just before his EFB outbreak

DO YOU THINK HE WILL PAY UP ??????HE WILL PROBABLY JUST GO BANCRUPT {AGAINE}:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back