Weald place farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really see how this isn't 'selling bees'. £200 for a used hive is far too high a price if empty. The fact that they won't be ready until August, that he discusses the breed, that they are inspected by the bee inspector all implies this is an advert for bees, knowingly against eBay's rules.

Personally, can't see how they can legtimately list on ebay at present when collection is scheduled for August ... all that time away in the future.

Ebay calls this 'pre-selling', and apparently it's allowed providing this is made clear in the listing. Personally I think this kind of tactic is highly suspect - for exactly the reasons you give.

LJ

Ebay calls this 'pre-selling', and apparently it's allowed providing this is made clear in the listing. Personally I think this kind of tactic is highly suspect - for exactly the reasons you give.

LJ

Hmmmm ... made clear in the auction wording ? ... small print well down the advert, I'm a regular ebayer and I missed it first read ! He'll catch a few no doubt !!

No apparent risk if you go down the "Cash on Collection route"

BUT.. (if you want them to comply with ebay rules I am not selling bees)

so any dispute after the sale with the bees, ebay will not want to know..

Buyer beware, But I bet its not long before its taken down for breaking the rules of Ebay

Last edited:
The hives will be ready for collection from the farm from the end of August and will have already started winter feeding from the list ing

he will take all the honey :hairpull: one sad F###:nono:

Last edited:
Possibly some kind of charlatan... you get them in all walks of life... particularly Politics and Banking!

As an aside, was the author drunk when they wrote this on the WPF swarm page?

I would also like to pointout that we do not sell any swarms that we catch over the course of a season the risk of spreadding desise is just to great and we will not be resonsable for this so all swans are plased in quarentine apairy sites that alloed to build up. Through out the season they are inspected by FERA for bee desises then next year they will go into our honey system, not sold to the public.​

Last edited:
You may find the author is dyslexic, that does not mean he's stupid. I'm not defending WPF but dyslexics.

Latest posts

Back