thrones sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got an Email on Friday saying it will arrive tomorrow (Monday). Juhuuu, have to admit that was rather long.... (I have only two 14x12 boxes)

Also got an Email from Gill saying there is a Sale for the different Beeshows, list online tomorrow....

Also got an Email from Gill saying there is a Sale for the different Beeshows, list online tomorrow....

Sounds good as I'm looking to get new frames for 5 new hives for spring. Does it mention the date for the Belfast show, I know its march but was thinking it was early march and a friend said near the end.

From Thorne's site
Bee Tradex pre-orders will finish at noon on Saturday 28th February.

Ulster Convention pre-orders will finish at noon on Saturday 14th March.

Welsh Show pre-orders will finish at noon on Saturday 21st March.

BBKA Spring Convention pre-orders will finish at noon on Saturday 11th April.

From Thorne's site

Doubt I am keen to order for the next event, still waiting for the delivery of the last order.... :toetap05:

From Thorne's site

:cheers2:

Better do a stock check and decide what will be required for two hives :calmdown:

Doubt I am keen to order for the next event, still waiting for the delivery of the last order.... :toetap05:

me to .thinking of getting my money back ,disgrace..from 9th. jan..even if it come tomorrow ,i will never buy from them again..

me to .thinking of getting my money back ,disgrace..from 9th. jan..even if it come tomorrow ,i will never buy from them again..

Perhaps they ran out of timber inthewoods, and your order will be done when they get some more.

The ulster show is on the Friday as well.
Search online for ubka conference.

I think at this point anyone with orders outstanding ought to be on the phone discovering precisely what the problem might be.
Thornes, being Thornes, would probably be very open to a polite request for shipment of the rest of the order, with the overdue items to follow (delivered for free) as soon as they are available ... they get to clear the stuff that's been sitting waiting, cluttering their operations, and they get to take payment.
Advantages to both sides, never mind maintaining customer relationships (which Thornes do seem to try very hard to be best on).

I asked on Saturday and the in stock items were dispatched today

I asked 1 1/2 weeks ago and was told it would be delivered end of last week. I cancelled 2 Farmers Market, to make sure that I would be there, to then receive an email on Friday that it was despatched on that day and should arrive yesterday, to find out yesterday that they send it to a wrong address and now its back in the delivery depot. Again I have to wait if it comes today or tomorrow.... not that I have better things to do then sitting indoors all day waiting....

That's 6 weeks waiting for a delivery, time to find some alternatives for the future I think.... and I was always happy before with them :(

Perhaps they ran out of timber inthewoods, and your order will be done when they get some more.

never had a problem with anything i have bought from them in past ,regardless this is poor service .and my last ever buy from them ..
just spoke on phone .they think it will be sent out end of this week or next Monday ..there word's not mine..

Last edited:
They have now gotten back to me after I was worried that the tracking did not show any more information after it arrived back in the depot and I am happy with that. It will arrive today and I was even told on which delivery position I am.

I would think that most of us have been happy with them in the past and that this is the first time that things don't run as we expected or used to. I am sure that they will take this experience and feedback for future events and look at their procedures.

Therefore, I think it would only be fair to give them another chance and decide another time. At least that is what I will do.

... maintaining customer relationships (which Thornes do seem to try very hard to be best on).
Not in my experience!

no ,not yet but i have got an email from rebecca of thornes saying still making the 14x12 and it will be end of february at the earliest before they dispatch

That's 6 weeks waiting for a delivery, time to find some alternatives for the future I think.... and I was always happy before with them :(
How many other companies get away with selling things they don't even have in stock?

How many other companies get away with selling things they don't even have in stock?

Paynes seem to be guilty of this as well, infact they were trumpeting the fact that there website now shows if something is out of stock. Last year I bought poly hives from them, and ended up waiting about a month as they were either out of floors or roofs (depending who you spoke to).

How many other companies sell British cedar hive parts at this knock down price?

I think they made it pretty clear when they launched the sale that some items would have to be made to meet demand.

Anyway, what's the panic - what are you going to do with all this kit (apart from leave it in the corner of the lounge and stare at it instead of the telly

How many other companies sell British cedar hive parts at this knock down price?

I think they made it pretty clear when they launched the sale that some items would have to be made to meet demand.

Anyway, what's the panic - what are you going to do with all this kit (apart from leave it in the corner of the lounge and stare at it instead of the telly

With all respect, but I think you are totally wrong with your opinion !

For a start, check other suppliers and you will notice that there are others selling cedar hive parts at this price. I have to admit that I have not seen the message that items would have to be made to meet demand, maybe you had more information on that, but last but not least, if you just look at your items in the corner of the lounge, then this is up to you, but don't assume that this is what everybody else does. People might have plans and arrangements and for that they might need their equipment to arrive and not sit and wait not knowing when this will happen.

So I fully respect when people start to question the delivery time. Maybe the once who don't need their equipment before summer time should write this into their order next time, so they can be ignored for the delivery in the first round.... otherwise let people discuss the topic, it's not that people complaint that it didn't arrive after the third day....

I for my part understand that people start to get frustrated, I have now received my order and will give them another chance. I think they deserve it, but that's my opinion.

Back