The Weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched the BBC weather forecast. The nice man said it might make the "high teens" in the east this weekend.
I spy an inspection coming on. Fingers crossed.
Cazza

Don't hold your breath Cazza, my bbc weather forecast is being downgraded by the hour! I settle for high teens having been promised 20C and is now down to 14C! He might be nice, but is he competent?

No bees for me today but yesterday had lots of pollen. Lots of fruit trees have just come into blossom down the local footpath

Don't hold your breath Cazza, my bbc weather forecast is being downgraded by the hour! I settle for high teens having been promised 20C and is now down to 14C! He might be nice, but is he competent?

Still holding my breath for Sunday in these parts.
Cazza

Just watched the BBC weather forecast. The nice man said it might make the "high teens" in the east this weekend.
I spy an inspection coming on. Fingers crossed.
Cazza

A few forecasts are suggesting 20 around the south east !

A balmy 13 up in Aberdeen would be grand.

A few forecasts are suggesting 20 around the south east !

And I was right that they were optimistic.
+7.5C in the drizzle at lunchtime as I drove back from the bee talk ...

Tomorrow will be better, I'm fairly sure. / I'm trying to control my inborn pessimism. :)

chucking it down in colchester. hoping to do my first proper inspection tomorrow, split some snowdrops, and plant a memorial plant for a beekeeper who has recently passed away. a flowering currant pollen for the bees, berries for the birds, rip ted williams

There is a full blown gale here at the moment!
Only plus is the temperature is seasonal in spite of it!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blowing badly here too.
Our nesting Kite has just started incubating and you can see her tucked into the nest swaying 30 metres up.
On the plus side weather is supposed to improve by the weekend and I can see cherry and blackthorn just starting

Yep blowing hard today down here in the far south west as well - though temp not too bad. Bees haven't been out for the last 2 days, hopefully they can get out tomorrow or from Friday (wind due to get more reasonable)
The blackthorn flowers are finally coming good, the willow getting into the swing of it, hawthorn, sycamore, and horse chestnut leaves are appearing.
I am really 'itching' to be able to have a look into my colonies but am sitting on my hands!

High winds today but the bees are out in force... Does not look like it will be warm enough to go inside the hive this weekend ... 12C forecast...

Hi all,
I must set the record straight. After all the dithering with the weather forecasts I did get my 20C on Sunday. It has been a good week so far, but windy now and not so good for Thursday and Friday. On the bright side I have finished my first spring inspection of all four colonies and plan to leave them alone now for the nect 14 days! I have a days work cleaning up after them though!

High winds today but the bees are out in force... ..

Mmmh, weather to be afraid of. Cold or persistent wet weather will mostly keep them in, but this is dangerous as many foragers will return and entice others out by dancing and displaying their haul. We have +50 mph gusts of wind and I'm wincing thinking about the attrition these gusts will have on valuable foragers.

Here in east Wales the wind had warmed up so bees flying but it will be cooler tomorrow . Should really have put slabs on roofs, wind rattling tiles on house! Still not warm enough or still enough to have done first full inspection. No hurry tho as pollen only just started going in to all five hives.

glorious weather here (18c sunny calm)....the bees were tripping over themselves in their eagerness to get out and back.

What a difference a week makes!

Managed to get to a heady 11.5C here today.

Bees were flying, a bit more pollen going in than the other day, but not much.

Very windy in west dorset yesterday but still lots of flying bees. Could see a lot of pollen going in and also there were quite a few bees gathering water from a container in the garden.

Full blown gale over night here! Still strong winds with very strong gusts!
Only two hives flying but bringing it a fair amount of pollen, don't know where from, most of the willow flowers are lying in the hedge row bottoms !
Thankfully no structural damage , neither at the apiary nor the house
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back