new years resolutions

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betterbee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Anyone brave enough to post their new year bee related resolutions
mine are help more beginners in association apiary
keep better hive records

I never make a promise I just can't keep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I never make a promise I just can't keep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE

So true ...

I would like to become better at reading what they are doing and understand them more than I did this year - the best that most of us can aspire to I would suggest. Happy New Year everyone ... may it be a healthy, happy and prosperous one for all of you.

My new year's resolution will be to shoot all the new year's resolutioners that pile into the gym and wreck my normal routines by making it too busy for the month they bother coming before giving it up.:)

I can never understand why people use gyms. Hard work is the best exercise anyone can have and if they want to loose weight stop eating so much

It takes a five mile run to burn a slice of cake off. Some will be running forever

We could always bring back rash on books [emoji4]

I can never understand why people use gyms. Hard work is the best exercise anyone can have and if they want to loose weight stop eating so much

What about office workers? Strength training and body building are hobbies just as much as Beekeeping. Also great for tackling depression.

Last edited:
My new year's resolution will be to shoot all the new year's resolutioners that pile into the gym and wreck my normal routines by making it too busy for the month they bother coming before giving it up.:)

But ely
Amongst those who start there are some who really need to be there, stay and just might save their lives. If it's just a month that is inconveniencing you then get your running shoes on and do a few road miles!

But ely
Amongst those who start there are some who really need to be there, stay and just might save their lives. If it's just a month that is inconveniencing you then get your running shoes on and do a few road miles!

I don't run. I understand what you mean. Just a bit of a moan

I love running.
Any time I feel stressed I get on those New Balance and skip out into the lanes for an hour. It's a great head clearer. I'm old and overweight but still fit enough to jog. It's amazing to watch the countryside change from week to week.

I know exactly where you are coming from, I was very much into powerlifting. No good working minor muscle groups that are required for the huge weights lifted in the major exercises just because someone has staked their claim on whatever apparatus you require.
Serious training, as in working to a goal like a PB, has to be meticulous. New Years wannabes are a PITA but I found it difficult anyway, there's only so many benches or power racks no matter how good the gym is.
My advice is look for a gym that has no luxuries like MTV and where mobiles are banned.

Did you see Eddie Hall deadlift 500 KG?

I love running.
Any time I feel stressed I get on those New Balance and skip out into the lanes for an hour. It's a great head clearer. I'm old and overweight but still fit enough to jog. It's amazing to watch the countryside change from week to week.

I can understand that. I love cycling and long walks for similar reasons

I know exactly where you are coming from, I was very much into powerlifting. No good working minor muscle groups that are required for the huge weights lifted in the major exercises just because someone has staked their claim on whatever apparatus you require.
Serious training, as in working to a goal like a PB, has to be meticulous. New Years wannabes are a PITA but I found it difficult anyway, there's only so many benches or power racks no matter how good the gym is.
My advice is look for a gym that has no luxuries like MTV and where mobiles are banned.

Did you see Eddie Hall deadlift 500 KG?

I've just watched it. Impressive stuff...That bar looks ready to snap!:winner1st:

I've just started deadlifting more often. It gives you a good feeling. I'm only lifting a pitiful amount of weight though. It is embarrassing.

Problem is a lot of the basic bodybuilding gyms have closed around here because of the bigger more fasionable places. There must be one kicking about somewhere though

Last edited:
It's a great feeling, when the weight is big and you feel the bar springing :) My best deadlift was 200KG.
Finding a decent gym is hard work, you need free weights and less machines but then you get the gym monkeys, texting between sets.
But I get what you were saying earlier, that zone is a good place to be.

Latest posts

Back