Mann lake email

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but there's making a profit and ripping you off.

RS and Farnell, are only doing the same, and their buying power must be far better, so no idea, what they are purchasing a 240v AC fan for!

I do purchase from UK companies, e.g. Mann Lake, Paynes and Thorne, but £30 profit on a single item! That's excessive!

They do not manufacture they just box shift it, world has become much smaller since the interweb.

and I also purchase from my local high street, rather than online shop in the Supermarket, and purchase from my local ironmongers, and also purchase White Goods, from my local Eurotronics, my last washing machine, dishwasher and cooker, and was just about to purchase a new fridge freezer and.....

Eric Lee, has decided after 83 years, to close his store!

http://www.pocklingtonpost.co.uk/mobile/news/local/closing-83-years-of-history-1-7940465

and that's a real shame...a bit gutted really, their service was brilliant, delivery, installation, taking away the old, for only a few quid more than Amazon, AO and Currys!

Only a shame, they could not get more people purchasing locally from the high street. (and he didn't stock 240v AC fans I asked!)

Gutted!

Mews who were Euronics agency in North Cave have just closed and demolished their shop. They sent me to Hansons at Willerby for a fridge and we received excellent service plus matched price with a competitor.

Mews who were Euronics agency in North Cave have just closed and demolished their shop. They sent me to Hansons at Willerby for a fridge and we received excellent service plus matched price with a competitor.

I wonder if Euronics are having issues gone, I also heard Euronics resellers had gone in some towns in Cornwall and Devon.

or it's just a sign of the times.

Euronics still have a website, although that does not mean anything these days

Last edited:
nope it has been taken over by mannlake US now. But the person that ran the mannlake uk franchise is known to have bought web addresses and limited companies that are extremely similar to some of the main UK retail companies.

Which they are very unhappy but unable to do anything about.

One of them being the name HM put up and is based in kent and has nothing to do with thornes.

Last edited:
nope it has been taken over by mannlake US now. But the person that ran the mannlake uk franchise is known to have bought web addresses and limited companies that are extremely similar to some of the main UK retail companies.

Which they are very unhappy but unable to do anything about.

That's not strictly true, there are laws (albeit some of them tort) against passing off and if a similar name is used for a trading entity it can be challenged in the Courts. It is even easier if a domain name is registered as this can be contested in the UK through Nominet as they are the arbiters of all the .uk domain names. I had to challenge a former employee who sought to start a similar business with a similar name and who purchased a similar domain name - didn't take long to stop him and yes, it cost a couple of thousand pounds in the end, but it really was no contest.

I have been trying the plastic Rite Cell this year and must say, I am impressed. Hopefully I will be able to find another supplier if they Mann Lake fold.
S

tell me about it. Arghhh
you can get other plastic yet the Mann lake was good

I made a big order on 29th. Good luck to me...

They just called and unilaterally cancelled the biggest item in the order so I pulled the rest. They may have breached a contract (or they may be covered in the T+Cs) but I am not going to bother and am well out of it.

They just called and unilaterally cancelled the biggest item in the order so I pulled the rest. They may have breached a contract (or they may be covered in the T+Cs) but I am not going to bother and am well out of it.

now that they are gone there is going to be little interest from them. sad rely i liked there stuff but it is not Mann lake that is doing it, it is a franchise that used the name.

now that they are gone there is going to be little interest from them. sad rely i liked there stuff but it is not Mann lake that is doing it, it is a franchise that used the name.

Having spoken to them a number of times on the phone last week it is very clear that it is actually the other way round and it's Mann Lake USA that are doing this to the UK franchise/license holder.

It would appear MLUSA have behaved incredibly badly. That the uk branch would want to p!$$ off it's own domestic customers I think is exceedingly unlikely especially as they hope to be back trading in some way shape or form asap. I personally look forward to them getting back on track since I've always received a great service from them and are pretty much the only company who didn't make beekeeping prohibitively expensive for me. It won't be ML anymore but hopefully it will still fit in the market where they formally did.

I sense all the foul play is from the other side of the pond.

very clear customer support is given by those who took the orders and monies. mann lake pulled the plug on Uk if there was no stock or declining stock then sales should not have been made by those dealing with matters this end.
so not all one sided.
there service to me had been good with the exception of recently when let down rely big time in my books. I like being told the truth not BS week after week,
I do forgive and if they re appear under a different name I will try them no bought, only time will tell

I have been buying from Mann lake here in the US, however, they have stiff competition here such as ,Lewis&co,Dadant,Blue Sky,many bee suppliers here!

yes, I think the competition has had an effect and they trying to tighten there belt as we say !

Is there a list of suppliers in Europe that sell beekeeping equipment? I know of one in Sweden, a couple in France, a couple in Italy, 3 in the U.K., and 1 in Germany. I'm sure there are many more than I've found.

Latest posts

Back