The war, the bees, russia and the UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the police van appears to be sympathetic
Not entirely, it would appear. According to the BBC at least, four people have been arrested and held on suspicion of obstructing the highway and criminal damage.
You should know by now - the met only turn a blind eye if it's one of their own involved in misogynistic sexual shenanigans

Has there been any contact from Podilla recently? I thought about him and fellow beekeepers in Ukraine; yesterday being world bee day prompted my thoughts towards that area of the globe.
Podilia not been here since February
I hope he and his bees are safe.

Hi everyone who don't forget me.
I'm at risk to be enlisted in the army now. I just have to comlete the special medical checkup. Actually I had to do it three month ago but still try to avoid this process because after that a person become a property of the army. I have moderate myopia, consulted with a doctor and privately with an officer who said that having this problem I should avoid army at any price. That man said that usually officers must use people according to their conditions but often in reality such people are involved in actions where they have no chances to survive. The doctor said that under their standarts during the time of war I will be a soldier. There are many stories how a medical-military checkup heals people like Jesus. That's a problem.
Have many thoughts to write but it's late now.
However this beekiping season is going very well up to now.

I'm at risk to be enlisted in the army now. I just have to comlete the special medical checkup. Actually I had to do it three month ago but still try to avoid this process because after that a person become a property of the army. I have moderate myopia, consulted with a doctor and privately with an officer who said that having this problem I should avoid army at any price. That man said that usually officers must use people according to their conditions but often in reality such people are involved in actions where they have no chances to survive. The doctor said that under their standarts during the time of war I will be a soldier. There are many stories how a medical-military checkup heals people like Jesus. That's a problem.
Have many thoughts to write but it's late now.
However this beekiping season is going very well up to now.
You're in my thoughts and prayers. Good to hear from you even if the news is sad.

I think of you often - each time we see more dreadful news about what is happening over there ... I'm sure everyone on here who has followed your posts over the last year or so feels for your situation and wishes you well. Keep safe whatever happens ....

I'm at risk to be enlisted in the army now. I just have to comlete the special medical checkup.
That’s awful news. I too think if you often. Daily really, when Ukraine is in the news. I hope one day soon you can write us more tales of your bees and post that you are safe at home.

I am relieved to read you are ok. I am concerned for your future but trust you are strong enough to deal with it. Good luck and keep in touch

Its good to hear from you again.
For over a hundred years the russian state has failed to kill Ukraine. Strength to you all, take hope and inspiration from Ukrainian folk songs. (Leontovych was from the Podilia region of southwestern Ukraine) the swallows will return. “Shchedryk shchedryk, shchedrivochka Pryletila lastivochka……………….”

an anecdote:
- Do you see the first line of letters and the last one? - Yes, sir. - Ok, a sniper.
- And you? - Only the first line. - Well, the headquarters.
... - Don't see anything. - Hm, cute! Intelligence.
... - I see, but can't read. I can paint it. - Strange, but creative. An engineer.

an anecdote:
- Do you see the first line of letters and the last one? - Yes, sir. - Ok, a sniper.
- And you? - Only the first line. - Well, the headquarters.
... - Don't see anything. - Hm, cute! Intelligence.
... - I see, but can't read. I can paint it. - Strange, but creative. An engineer.
Lovely :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: but so bloody sad!

Today the biggest problem is the nuclear plant. We are waiting something unpleasant during the next few days when the wind will change from the north-west to the south-east. This is usual waether pattern. North west brings cool temperature, sometimes rains - I call it Scandinavian summer. South, south-east, south-west mean hot dry weather - Mediterranian summer. Usually the last type prevaile. So, probably they are waiting the wind to change otherwise the territory of Russia could get a lot of contamination. Some experst say that the plant is relatively safe and all units are cold, so the blast and contamination like in Chernobyl is impossible. But who knows. There are also the nuclear fuel storage, the special basin for cooling the units. They can use those objects as a threat. This is the first nuclear terrorism with the nuclear power plant in history. They use that plant us a weapon. Their commanders have said either the pland will be under their control or there will be a desert. They are crazy, insane. Its difficult to explain and impossible to hear their propaganda of hate and death. They blew up the huge dam just to stop the advancing of our troops for two weeks. The big area in the south including Crimea now doesn't have enough water. Putin's life is on stage. As you know, the situation inside Russia is also unstable.
After the mercenaries' mutiny in Russia we have queit nights without alarm sirens. Maybe they are collecting missiles. Everything can change suddenly.

My sister's apartment in Kyiv was demaged a little by the debris of a broken missile. Another part of a building got a serious demage. A young woman was killed. However, the air defence is working much better than ever.

My far cousin was killed in the war a month ago. Before that his wife had found another man so he decided to prove that he was a real man or maybe he wanted to escape from the family troubles.

Sorry for bad picture. Promise to write something more positive soon.

Last edited:
Last night was surprising. I did not hear the alarm, but somehow get up when the air defence started shooting. Night air was clear. There were drones, you know, those Iranian type called Shakhed, we call then "moped" because they have 2t engine and their sound is the same. But it was the first time I heard them. So mopeds were flying nearby, the air defence trying to shot them down and at least did it. One explosion, then again shooting, and the second bang, two drones were over. Others flew away.
It was the massive attack with drones and missiles on Kyiv, Odesa, etc.. At the same time many russi cities were also under attack of our drones. One person's madness gets new results.
Ukraine has started to produce drones. Russi with the support of Iran also has been building a factory of drones. So much rare resources are wasted for nothing. That's why the space is closed for humanity. Kamikadze drones instead of spaceships and exploration.
Two weeks ago at night a fighter jet was hunting a missile. Russi wanted to destroy the airfield in the neighbor region. The night was also too loud.

Have found an interesting video for you. There is a group af the elite assault infantry including foreigh volunteers. You can find there a charismatic guy from Scotland, really horrific.
As you know the counteroffensive is impossible in that scenario as it has been planned. All fields there have been turned into minefields. But now our troops have the proper equpment to resolve the problem and they do that.
New mobilisation in Russia is expected in September. He wants new 450 thousand bodies.
(English subtitles)

Last edited:
Last night was surprising. I did not hear the alarm, but somehow get up when the air defence started shooting. Night air was clear. There were drones, you know, those Iranian type called Shakhed, we call then "moped" because they have 2t engine and their sound is the same. But it was the first time I heard them. So mopeds were flying nearby, the air defence trying to shot them down and at least did it. One explosion, then again shooting, and the second bang, two drones were over. Others flew away.
It was the massive attack with drones and missiles on Kyiv, Odesa, etc.. At the same time many russi cities were also under attack of our drones. One person's madness gets new results.
Ukraine has started to produce drones. Russi with the support of Iran also has been building a factory of drones. So much rare resources are wasted for nothing. That's why the space is closed for humanity. Kamikadze drones instead of spaceships and exploration.
Two weeks ago at night a fighter jet was hunting a missile. Russi wanted to destroy the airfield in the neighbor region. The night was also too loud.

Have found an interesting video for you. There is a group af the elite assault infantry including foreigh volunteers. You can find there a charismatic guy from Scotland, really horrific.
As you know the counteroffensive is impossible in that scenario as it has been planned. All fields there have been turned into minefields. But now our troops have the proper equpment to resolve the problem and they do that.
New mobilisation in Russia is expected in September. He wants new 450 thousand bodies.
(English subtitles)

Thank you for your posts...Such bravery from everyone in that video...and the Scotsman's appearance complete with camo' kilt was unexpected to say the least. Stay safe. Slava Ukraini !

Have you been called up?

When the Russians destroyed the dam, surely this flooded some of their minefields- has that helped clear any?

I hope there is a large breakthrough of Ukrainian success soon. Video was good to see.

May the true God bring you victory swiftly.

Latest posts

Back