land needed for keeping hives in Basingstoke-Hampshire area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balein

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi I need a land to keep my hive urgently in Basingstoke area. thanks

Are you a member of your local BKA? They usually have members who, while not keeping bees themselves, do offer space.

thansk yes I am , contacted them and awaiting there reply as well.

There was someone on here about a year ago I think around the Sherfield area, who wanted some hives on their land. Have a look back through the forum and see if you can make contact.

Try Tylney Hall Hotel at Rotherwick. They had a beautiful orchard where I kept my bees back in the 1980's and they took all my honey, applied their own labels and gave it to special guests. I know someone else took over when I left but I doubt he is alive any more so give them a try. It was a brilliant partnership. They are even more upmarket now so premium price😃

Try Tylney Hall Hotel at Rotherwick. They had a beautiful orchard where I kept my bees back in the 1980's and they took all my honey, applied their own labels and gave it to special guests. I know someone else took over when I left but I doubt he is alive any more so give them a try. It was a brilliant partnership. They are even more upmarket now so premium price😃
many thanks will go to there today to see if they can help. thanks again

You could also see if there's an ads board in the Mole Country Stores at Basingstoke and stick a card up there.

You could also see if there's an ads board in the Mole Country Stores at Basingstoke and stick a card up there.
I would go the route of the local BKA rather than advertising in general village shops.

Bearing in mind the prevalence of hive thefts, you don't know who's going to 'kindly' offer you space in 'their' local field.

I would go the route of the local BKA rather than advertising in general village shops.

Bearing in mind the prevalence of hive thefts, you don't know who's going to 'kindly' offer you space in 'their' local field.
I’m not sure the person offering a location is liable to be the biggest threat.😂

need a land to keep my hive urgently in Basingstoke area
Make sure that access right up to the hives is good, the apiary is screened from public view from path or road, and from weather by a hedge or copse, and that access is secured by gate etc. Avoid frost pockets & damp, whch means low-lying land or flood plain.

Look at likely sites on Google Earth and assess on foot before knocking on doors. Offer to give a a few jars of honey each year.

A public site may ask for PLI (gained by BBKA Membership) or a Basic Assessment certificate. As a beginner you won't have the latter, but say that you intend to take it within two years.

Latest posts

Back