Invert sugar question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
feed as they are foraging the ivy - even if only a few pints, at least it gives them a dose at the beginning of winter and will keep the ivy a bit more liquid

ok thanks for that ...

so now I need to get hold of some invert and some thymol crystals

any chance you could dm me your recipe ? (how much thymol to invert etc and suggested suppliers you recommend)

ok thanks for that ...

so now I need to get hold of some invert and some thymol crystals

any chance you could dm me your recipe ? (how much thymol to invert etc and suggested suppliers you recommend)

You can feed it with bog standard 2:1 syrup. Look for Hivemaker's thymol emulsion recipe in the stickies section, it's all there - I think C Wynne Jones is the most reasonably priced supplier

You can feed it with bog standard 2:1 syrup. Look for Hivemaker's thymol emulsion recipe in the stickies section, it's all there - I think C Wynne Jones is the most reasonably priced supplier

thanks .. one last question then ...

step 1> make some of this thymol stuff (ignore the stuff about putting it on kleenex or sponges)

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19342&postcount=1

step 2> make up some 2:1 sugar syrup .. (or by some invert I guess)

step 3> for each litre of 2:1 how much thymol/oil stuff do you need to add ?

and the point is that it mixes with the ivy so they have a more usable winter store ?

guess the only worry is the wasps .. but then I can just use rapid feeder and try not to be too messy

Latest posts

Back