hive kicked over

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy to stop, surely? Ratchet strap or similar around the hive, attached to a screw-in ground anchor. Nigh impossible to knock over.

Last edited:
Hides for shooters?

Is it possible your placing your hive to close to where people are working?

Have you spoken the gamekeeper in question?

extremely ignorant? Your generalising a whole range of people in a professional occupation. If the gamekeepers you've met are ignorant, it is disappointing. But to group a whole profession like that I find slightly racist.

Racist? Steady on.

permission

Thanks foxy - saves me saying it.never heard of feeding gamebirds growth hormones. Can't say i've met any ignorant gamekeepers either although i do know they don't suffer fools gladly.
Hides for shooters all over the place? any sign of a pond? did you ask anyone before you slapped your hive there? if I was the landowner I wouldn't allow hives near a flight pond, you'd be asking for trouble
We have total permission for hives to be there, We have two huge Langstroft hives there some nuc hives 2 nucs over as well so as for going to court, civil court I might add rather get him a new set of teeth, im still trying to figure out hives my Bee master has as of next week I take over management of all hives and equipment an infantry of everything concerning Bees, Contraptions that are very sophisticated and logical but very old,i will be putting some up on here to see if anyone can identify,PS don't forget Friday

We have total permission for hives to be there, We have two huge Langstroft hives there some nuc hives 2 nucs over as well so as for going to court, civil court I might add rather get him a new set of teeth, im still trying to figure out hives my Bee master has as of next week I take over management of all hives and equipment an infantry of everything concerning Bees, Contraptions that are very sophisticated and logical but very old,i will be putting some up on here to see if anyone can identify,PS don't forget Friday

:ack2:

Breathless...

Why don't you get a wildlife camera from somewhere like Maplins instead of civil court. This would be cheaper as if you have evidence of criminal damage, the police and CPS can take over.

I have used one of these recently to prove that damage to allotments was done by foxes rather than people. Will also use it on any theft hotspots.

FFS unless you have incontrovertible proof of culprit all you can do is take it on the chin.
consider moving apiary, fencing off the hives or strapping down well (the latter a must on most sites anyway).

my bees are kept at an area used nearly every sunday for shooting.
so far the beaters and shooters have all been very nice.
they were a little worried about their dogs knocking a hive so i put a mesh fence up.
now all they want is some honey :)

Not wishing to offend anyone ...

But what a bizarre thread lol

Not wishing to offend anyone ...

But what a bizarre thread lol

I am seriously offended - so your wish has not been granted. You have three wishes and have wasted one....

you know. friday!

According to my thorough and extensive research at great personal expense and partly funded by you good folk who pay taxes (it being a slack day at work) I can now announce that the ONLY significant event in the whole of history attributable to Friday 6th September is ....

The Annual Abbots Bromley Horn Dance ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbots_Bromley_Horn_Dance

So ... cake and a party called for ...

:party:

Originally Posted by Foxylad View Post

"Have you spoken the gamekeeper in question?

extremely ignorant? Your generalising a whole range of people in a professional occupation. If the gamekeepers you've met are ignorant, it is disappointing. But to group a whole profession like that I find slightly racist."

Are you implying that Gamekeepers are inbred and a race apart ?:facts:
:ohthedrama::rolleyes:
Perhaps you mean slightly upset and prejudiced against anyone using the same tract of land for purposes other than your own.

Friday? What day is it today? Monday? Friday - I have a head ache and need a dark room...;) So many threads to read so little internet connection...

Latest posts

Back