Help with Bees in wall

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallzoo

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I've tried to find help on the web but as experts I'm sure you can help or point me in the right direction.

For the 2nd year in a row we have bees inside our bedroom wall which is an outside wall. They seem to go through a hole in the wall . Last year we heard them a bit and they started april/may and went in june/july.

This year have come back again BUT they are so so noisy. Literally we hear them buzzing all night. Its so loud that it keeps us awake.

Can I be sure that they are maybe just solitary bees and will go or should I be talking to an experienced beekeeper in case it is bees building a huges nest

thanks

Can you give us any idea what they look like? A photo would be good
E

Its on an awkward wall right under eaves but I'll try and see if I can use a zoom lens on my old camera and send you one

Your problem will be that you need 20 posts to apply a photo I think! They could be tree bumble bees which will go in late summer. They are small bumble bees and are identifiable by the way the males hover round the hole. They could be mason bees and again they will leave in late summer. They could be wasps in which case you can get them destroyed by a pest controller or they could be honey bees. The latter two are identifiable by the fact that there will be a constant flow in and out of many individuals over a minute.
Wasps will leave by winter. Honey bees will probably be there fairly permanently.

Do they look like this? Red Mason Bee Osmia bicornis

Attachments

• Mason bee coming out of hole in mortar .JPG
    Mason bee coming out of hole in mortar .JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Back