Global Warming?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
I have noticed a number of plants that are flowering again after having had a rest from flowering at the original time in the year , these plants Forsythia Evening Primrose and others are flowering for the second time which in its self is most unusual.

Mo

It is all very odd. Christmas roses were flowering here in September. So much for first pollen...will they flower again?

Probably not global warming. The reason everything is flowering is that we had a rubbish summer followed by a fantastic October- so it thinks it's next year already. This may have something to do with El nino/ La Nina (the air flows above the oceans) which they now think are linked to sunspot activity causing local heating in the stratosphere (I think I've got that right)

Don't get me wrong, I'm certain that global warming is a reality- just not that this is an affect of it.

Not global warming as it does not exist..in a man made short term concept.

People just have short memory's, and only pick out the best bits.

Now sun spots, thats a fact.

People just have short memory's, and only pick out the best bits.

Now sun spots, thats a fact.

I would imagine global warming to extent the temperate zones around the poles ?
Think blob of icecream placed on a dish , think thermometer placed a couple of inches from the icecream , reading taken and noted . Leave a short while and take another reading from the same position, as the icecream melts it speads and lowers the temperature over a greater area ?
VM

Its all a TAX con.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-error-exaggerates-ice-retreat-Greenland.html

But, great news today at work as the Government announced its renewable s obligation banding review....works share price has shot up:sifone::sifone::sifone:

article-2039262-0DFDAE0700000578-264_634x467.jpg

I would imagine global warming to extent the temperate zones around the poles ?
Think blob of icecream placed on a dish , think thermometer placed a couple of inches from the icecream , reading taken and noted . Leave a short while and take another reading from the same position, as the icecream melts it speads and lowers the temperature over a greater area ?
VM

There is also the theory that as the polar ice melts the cold water moving down from the pole will deflect or stop the North Atlantic conveyer/Gulf Stream/ North Atlantic Drift (or what ever it is called these days) causing the warmer water we are currently surrounded by to stop giving us colder winters.

There is also the theory that as the polar ice melts the cold water moving down from the pole will deflect or stop the North Atlantic conveyer/Gulf Stream/ North Atlantic Drift (or what ever it is called these days) causing the warmer water we are currently surrounded by to stop giving us colder winters.

254313_det.jpg

Need to get that ice cream back in the freezer, before it becomes a milk shake.

Based on? The basic theory has been understood for about 200 years, the data is finally being gathered and the vast majority of trained scientists consider it fact, while most of the others earn their living from oil companies...

Your statement about people having short memories is referring to weather- climate is different. The fact that it is a bit nippy in scunthorpe describes the weather, but tells you nothing about climate. The fact that the global average temperature rises by a degree tells you a lot about climate but nothing about the weather.

I'm not sure where your statement about tax comes from, and I'm not sure what the relevance of the article on the times atlas has to do with anything- but if you're getting your information from the daily mail, that could explain a lot.

B
I'm not sure where your statement about tax comes from, and I'm not sure what the relevance of the article on the times atlas has to do with anything- but if you're getting your information from the daily mail, that could explain a lot.

The fact is we are all been conned (via tax) into windmills and other "green" energy...take away all the ROC's and FIT and then see which is the true energy.

I have no issue with changes in climate, but all the green hippys saying that by turning off my light will save the world is rubbish...the world changes its self.

The map, is an very clear example in most recent news (not just the daily mail) of people over exaggerating or simply just making things up.

The sort memory's comes from, all the global warming people only spout off when things suit them.

I'm with Skyhook on this - climate is often confused with weather - there is absolutely no doubt that we are suffering man-made climate change - there is nowadays a large army of naysayers doing their utmost to swear that black is white and the earth is flat (usually with the aid of funding from the likes of Exxon, who's interest is in keeping their planet-despoiling industries running full-tilt)
If you consider for a dreadful acid-flash moment that the "deniers" are right - that global warming is all the imagination of leftie bedwetters, and the temperature overall is dropping, or doing a rhumba, it makes not a jot or tittle of difference - there's too many of us doing too much stuff, and it's ruining the environment - and whether the temperature is going up or down, the answers to counter the problems are pretty much the same....

(Including wind turbines, which if properly sited do a great deal to alleviate a lot of the damage caused by generating power in other ways..........)
The UK has a wonderful wind resource that much of Europe would dearly love to have themselves (Germany is very envious)

Last edited:
I'm with Skyhook on this - climate is often confused with weather - there is absolutely no doubt that we are suffering man-made climate change - there is nowadays a large army of naysayers doing their utmost to swear that black is white and the earth is flat (usually with the aid of funding from the likes of Exxon, who's interest is in keeping their planet-despoiling industries running full-tilt)
If you consider for a dreadful acid-flash moment that the "deniers" are right - that global warming is all the imagination of leftie bedwetters, and the temperature overall is dropping, or doing a rhumba, it makes not a jot or tittle of difference - there's too many of us doing too much stuff, and it's ruining the environment - and whether the temperature is going up or down, the answers to counter the problems are pretty much the same....

(Including wind turbines, which if properly sited do a great deal to alleviate a lot of the damage caused by generating power in other ways..........)
The UK has a wonderful wind resource that much of Europe would dearly love to have themselves (Germany is very envious)
So graphic yet so misguided .
Any one with doubts a bed wetter ?
Ah Well1 insults serve as facts for the zealot I suppose :willy_nilly:
VM

Interesting interpretation, suggesting that my post was either misread, misunderstood, or the meaning just not comprehended at all!

I believe there must be global warming,or else we would still be frozen solid,as in the last ice age.

OK...

The fact is we are all been conned (via tax) into windmills and other "green" energy...take away all the ROC's and FIT and then see which is the true energy. I'm not sure what you mean by the 'true' energy- all forms of generation are true energy. The ones which leave the most problems to be dealt with downstream are de facto the cheapest at source. Some of these downstream costs are therefore being balanced by price adjustment to reflect the true costs. Sounds quite sensible to me.

I have no issue with changes in climate, but all the green hippys saying that by turning off my light will save the world is rubbish...the world changes its self. The climate does change following various cycles. For the last 10,000 years or so it has been unusually stable which has suited us very well. Why would we want to return it to a state which will make life harder for the species?

The map, is an very clear example in most recent news (not just the daily mail) of people over exaggerating or simply just making things up. Yes, but what's that got to do with it? A publisher looked at some perfectly sound but raw data and misenterpreted it. This was immediately picked up (including by the scientists whose data it was) and the publishers were pilloried for their mistake.

The sort memory's comes from, all the global warming people only spout off when things suit them. I'm not quite sure what you mean by this- I think most 'global warming people' will 'spout off' whenever there seems any chance of getting the message across.

As far as I can see there are far too many vested interests involved to have any kind of useful debate on climate change now. And far too many people saying "it's happening" or "it isn't" or "it's anthropomorphic" when they don't have the scientific background to make a reasoned judgement of the raw data. Lots of people want to stick their heads in the sand, and plenty of others would appear to be keen to see panic and a return to feudalism.

As far as I've been able to find out for myself, it looks like average global temperatures are rising, and it looks like sea levels are rising too. Is it caused by humans burning fossil fuels? I really don't have the scientific background to say. That we could seems plausible, but that we're little more than a speck on the face of a planet that has had a violent existence for billions of years is also something we shouldn't lose sight of.

For my own part, well, I don't particularly wish to be remembered by my children and their generation, and their children's generation, as someone who stuck two fingers up at them saying "It's not my problem anyhow" and I make my decisions accordingly.

James

As far as I've been able to find out for myself, it looks like average global temperatures are rising, and it looks like sea levels are rising too. Is it caused by humans burning fossil fuels? I really don't have the scientific background to say. That we could seems plausible, but that we're little more than a speck on the face of a planet that has had a violent existence for billions of years is also something we shouldn't lose sight of.

Whether or not fossil fuels are causing global warming I agree I don't have the knowledge to comment. However it doesn't take a genius to work out that resources are finite and we should be taking steps to conserve them

[/QUOTE]

For my own part, well, I don't particularly wish to be remembered by my children and their generation, and their children's generation, as someone who stuck two fingers up at them saying "It's not my problem anyhow" and I make my decisions accordingly.

James[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.

Latest posts

Back