Flow Hive - more info

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've trained my bees to deposit their honey in 12oz jars. They're having a bit of difficulty getting the lids on and off. Can anyone advise?

I've trained my bees to deposit their honey in 12oz jars. They're having a bit of difficulty getting the lids on and off. Can anyone advise?

You need bees from Lidl

Must admit I hadnt really looked at this too much but what strikes me is that in the videos the hive/s are so remarkably clean. Carefully placed for filming...plus its a good job that any diced brood is filtered out.

Last edited:
I'm just going to add, what I know, and my experience of Crowd Funding sites, e.g. Kickstarter, and I'm not going to invest in Flow Hive because of experiences with Kickstarter, and a Crowd Funding project I helped with:-

I backed a company, (well known in gadget circles from Barcelona called IDAPT) I already have an IDAPT charger, so I thought the MODULOs were a good idea! Because it's from an established well known company.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idapt-s/modulo-expandable-portable-battery-awarded-best-pr

Kickstarter takes a percentage of the Pledges, Payments are collected through Amazon, 1 month after the Project has been successfully funded, if the project is not successfully funded, no payments are made.

IDAPT Modulo was successfully funded, but suffered late delivery, poor communications, clearly they had technical and logistical issues meeting the demand, after the shipment of MODULOS, they stated there would be issues, meeting the other accessories, e.g. solar chargers.

The products shipped do not work or charge items correctly, there is no re-course, no distance selling regulations, no refunds, Kickstarter are happy bunnies because they've had their money.

and it now looks like IDAPT have gone away, possibly bankrupt....

I'm not stating this could happen to the Flow Hive, BUT buyers' beware, or INVESTORS be aware, they you are investors, and as with all investments......

I'm out of pocket by $85, some poor soles, are $250 out of pocket, and have nothing from Kickstarter/IDAPT-Modulo!

So seems like an ideal place for scammers to take your money and run! Not stating here, that Flow Hive is any such thing!

Be warned, I'd wait until it appears in the Mann-Lake or Thornes catalog!

There was a piece on "Money Box" 28th Feb re Crowdfunding - sounds like a licence to print money...

As I understand it, the only regulation relates to schemes which offer "IOU bonds" or shares, and the regulation relates to the marketing, to ensure that it is clear, fair and not misleading...

Those schemes, (oops, I nearly typed scams there) which rely on donations, or offer rewards - the quoted eg. being given a DVD of a funded film! - are not even that regulated.

Should a project/company fail, and there are no assets to realise, tough! The illustration given was an energy firm that left 900 investors missing £7.5million!

That's my understanding of the report on crowdfunding in the programme, but check it out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0532b2s - about 10 minutes in.

It just sounds so bizarre, did the reporter get it wrong?!!

I was away, when this aired, but thanks for posting, very good.

Crowd Funding Investment - "Money that you are prepared to loose!!!"

The problem is these crowd funding items, are marketed and promoted as Online Purchases! (but they are not!).

again, when Flow-Hive is in the Mann-Lake and Thornes catalog, I may get one.... or at the Apimondia conference!

My attitude to new technology is: don't be the first to buy. Let others pay premium prices to find out the faults. Either buy the Mark 1 at reduced prices when the Mark 2 has been introduced or buy the much improved Mark 2 when the Mark 3 is introduced.

Otherwise you end up as one of many who make Apple the world's richest company with cash of $178 Billion. (no that is not a mistake)

yes, been burnt there with the first Apple iPad 1, which is now doorstop and useless, with no application support, and outdated iOS, which Apple dropped support for!! - never again!

Latest posts

Back