Flow Hive - more info

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst I'm not convinced myself I think writing the idea off based on a few minutes of promo material is a little premature, especially as beekeepers seem such and innovative bunch.

Still doing well with the fund raising............just reached $5,000,864 USD
raised of $70,000 goal.

B+...posted that one on here four days ago, post 191.

It is interesting to see a bit more detail of how it works, and i think it is a clever design, although i am sure it will be of no use to me, it will appeal to some, indeed it already looks like it is, going by the funding.

Have we had a forum member confess to purchasing a flow hive? We must have at least one!

:judge:

no interest in buying one myself..even if it work's...

no interest in buying one myself..even if it work's...

At $350 ,,,, financial justification had better be very good.

So waiting for someone in the cold Midlands to try one first...

At $350 ,,,, financial justification had better be very good..

well, if starting out, what might you spend on conventional kit to extract honey?

extractor
buckets
filters
decapping tools
initial frames and foundation
replacement foundation every 2 years

on the minus side you'll harvest less wax in total, but what you do harvest will be the better quality capping wax.

Last edited:
They must be twins!
:smilielol5:
I thought this was a silly system when it first appeared on this form. So I haven’t been following this thread for some days. But if you really want honey on tap why not go to Tesco (350$ will buy a lot of honey) and you won’t have the bother of bottling it. There is no fun or skill in an automated system and the beauty of natural comb can’t be the same as plastic.

Martin

It will for us watching from the sidelines :D

In about 18 months time when the first deliveries start... you can then point them at this thread and say "I told you so"..

That will go down well....:icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back